SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
After reading your all the posts regarding xc90 pop up GPS (and reverse camera) I decided to install one in our xc90 (2007). We have reverse camer already working, plugged to 4" inside mirror - Works well and is very handy tool. I recently bought pop up gps unit (30775626-1; with the bracket) and looking for power cable. I am also going to upgrade gps unit with nuvi 5000 (camera in), so only up/down mechanism power is what I am after. I am assuming that will work; correct me if I am missing something, please.

Do you know part number of that cable?

Regards
pj

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm going to be pulling my GPS apart this weekend. If I can find a serial or model number on cables I will let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
That's nice, appreciate.

Btw: I tested motor yesterday and it works. I spent a little more time looking for the best solution and I am now thinking about using simple reverse polarity switch.

Regards

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi,
That's nice, appreciate.

Btw: I tested motor yesterday and it works. I spent a little more time looking for the best solution and I am now thinking about using simple reverse polarity switch.

Regards
I went with the reverse polarity switch option. Only problem I am having is getting the unit to fit in the housing. In the write ups they talk about disassembling the mount which has the connections but it seems quite complex to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts