SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's behind Volvo's poor numbers in April and May? This is at a time when other MFRs are reporting 30% increases.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There are discussions going on elsewhere on the forum but many people agree that it's a lack of product and potentially a lack of image as well. With so many cars now gone (S40, V50, V70) there are fewer cars in the showrooms and while they didn't sell in high numbers they definitely made their contributions to the total. Then there's the XC90 which is dying for an update and is only available with the 3.2L I6. It also seems like most people don't know the S80 even exists (or perhaps they just don't care).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are discussions going on elsewhere on the forum but many people agree that it's a lack of product and potentially a lack of image as well. With so many cars now gone (S40, V50, V70) there are fewer cars in the showrooms and while they didn't sell in high numbers they definitely made their contributions to the total. Then there's the XC90 which is dying for an update and is only available with the 3.2L I6. It also seems like most people don't know the S80 even exists (or perhaps they just don't care).
Interesting..... Agree about the S80. I'm trying to get my mother to look at an S80 and she keeps insisting she wants a 5-series.

I'm surprised at how many new XC90s I see (Say 2011+) around.

I wonder how the S60 is selling vs target?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts