SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got down from a mountain drive this weekend and through some events have found my upper torque mount to be shredding. So, naturally I want to replace it w/ the poly piece, but I'm an extremist and am now considering replacing the upper mount and the tranny mount assembly with poly (viva or IPD), and also tighting up the 'strut brace' upper bar w/ the solid pieces from Quickbrick.
Understandably it will get tighter and everyone has a disclamer about vibrations, so who here has this and says the change is worth it and bearable?

My 01 na just hit 120K miles (w/ auto), so is this too tight?
And out of the company's offering these poly bushings who's got the best product for the price? (I can only find the solid bar mounts @ quickbrick)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (jstro)

thanks much for the replies, I agree with everything I've heard.

Definately going w/ the upper mount since mine is breaking (and the black Evolve sounds best for my wants).
If anything for the cross bar, it'd be the bushings - not solid mount.
Figure if I want a strut bar I'll get an actual strut bar (and keep the motor out of the equation).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.