SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which way does the Volvo cabin filter (p/n 30630752) insert into the housing? It is totally different from the old filter (9204626) as it has a large angled plastic edge on one side and a v-shaped plastic edge on the other.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
It bends...almost in half going in...the portion that bends is at the bottom...longer section goes in first. Angled edge therefore goes in first...by the way of the bend, it only goes in one way. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

i forgot that. i will be doing mine this weekend. as i remember, there is a seration that reveals where the filter folds. and yea it goes in only one way, so it is not possible to 'close it up', unless it is correct.<p>my big problem is that i found i needed a flex shaft for my 1/4 inch drive to get the 'torx' into the actual cover that is behind the 'modesty cover' that is the first cover.<p>i liked the 850, open the hood/bonnet, and change the dam thing.<p>mij; the thing's could be easier, yea?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

I ended up getting a Wix aftermarket filter from my local auto parts store. This one was the same as the old (original) part no. listed above and much less $. After examining the filter and comparing it to the Wix, I agree with MIJ, the angled plastic piece goes up, with the angle (slope) facing the passenger side. Now that I know how the Volvo one goes in, may save this for my V70R. I assume it is the same, but that one has IAQS, won't know for sure until I get the old one out. 15k is the service interval on these?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts