SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Is the XC90 your first Volvo as primary owner / driver of Volvo?

• Yes

Votes: 65 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 18.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a follow-on to yesterday's poll regarding naming conventions & the new XC90 being so dramatically different from the previous generation, I thought it would actually be more interesting to see how many people here are new to the Volvo brand with the purchase of their XC90 and who are existing Volvo customers. I would imagine that the launch of this new model has succeeded in capturing some market share from loyalists of the other manufacturers in the 7 seat segment. Leave a comment regarding your previous vehicle if you are new, if you like.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my first Volvo (coming from Toyota 7 seater) but my wife did have a XC Wagon, so some "limited" familiarity with the brand & dealership, and received a loyalty discount.

·
Registered
53 Posts
First Volvo, coming from Toyota 4Runner. Wanted a 7 seater and better gas mileage, and wife prefers a vehicle that drives more like a car than a truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First for me (second for the wife - she had a 1998 S90 10 years ago).

Knew we wanted to trade in from a Sienna to something else and looked at the MDX and a couple Mercedes options. I'm far from a car guy but knew we'd get the XC90 when we test drove one on a whim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
This will be our first 7-seat vehicle and our first Volvo. We started looking around about 1.5 years ago. We were very close to buying the XC90 last summer, but when we heard about the new version, we postponed the purchase. We are expecting delivery in Jan16.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This will be our first Volvo. I wanted a plug-in AWD hybrid SUV or minivan. I may give up if the EPA mpg is low.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Definitely will be our first Volvo! Haven't ordered yet but will be in the coming year (2017 T8 R-Design) as we need a 7 seater! Coming from BMW X5 :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
First Volvo, coming from an Acura MDX. Purchasing the XC90 due to the quiet test drive vs. Acura, interior quality and exterior design. Acura is sliding back towards an Odyssey sight line.
Love the XC90's look!

·
Registered
92 Posts
First Volvo, coming from Infiniti FX35. Decided with the XC90 over the MDX and QX60. MDX felt congested inside the cabin due to the bulky seats. The QX60's interior felt out dated. The hopes that the XC90 will at some pt get an update for Android Auto was a plus as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll add that the wife started off really wanting the Mercedes but the whole dashboard and navigation (especially the nav) felt like a bolt on after thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, first one.

We have had it a week (ordered in August). Months of research and thought before replacing wife's '06 Honda Pilot..my cars are German. Considered waiting to compare with new Audi Q7, but don't think I'd like it better. She checked out most competitors at the auto show, and drove a couple.

We are not disappointed- XC90's great so far, but long-term reliability of all-new platform is a concern, and realistically will remain so for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First Volvo as well....

Replacing toyota minivan which is 12 yrs old. Wife is sick of the minivan and our kids are now teenagers with lots of carpooling with friends. Wanted to get at least 5 seater SUV, almost bought LR discovery sport til I found out about the XC90. Fell in love at the first test drive! Wife loves that it doesn't feel and drives as big... Quite a big jump in price for the XC90 compared to Land Rover DS but we felt its worth it as we will keep for another 10+ years. Prior cars were Lexus and Acura in addition to Toyota.
Only downside is the wait til mid january delivery date! Still deciding if I want to opticoat....

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm a returning customer, but it's my first SUV. I never liked the SUV category before the new XC90 T8.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Second Volvo, second OSD........what a fabulous way to buy a new Volvo!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'll add that the wife started off really wanting the Mercedes but the whole dashboard and navigation (especially the nav) felt like a bolt on after thought.

First Volvo. Just moved to South America where you need a tank/4wd or something equivalent on the road. This is the wife's car but was looking at LandRover Discovery4. Also test drove the BMW X5, Toureg, Toyota Land cruiser and Discovery Sport. Also looked at the new Q7 but was not available to test drive at the time of investigating for a car.
Wife loves the XC90 for the amount of safety features. Compared to the Discovery 4 if we wanted the same safety features we would need to get the Range Rover.
Previous to this car I mainly had Toyota 4wds Hilux Dual Cab, Landcruiser troop carrier or plan Landcruiser. The wife is happy but somehow I have ended up as the chauffeur :) - not a bad thing in the XC90.
I do a little more serious off road driving so I am still keeping a close eye on what Landrover are doing with the Defender that is suppose to finish production this month.
Overall the XC90 and the safety features are amazing for a car. The driver profile also with associated key fob was a seller after reading the manual front to back. Only to learn we need to wait for the S90 release and software update. My wife is short and I am tall and changing seats, mirrors etc has always been a discussion point :) - for now at least we can program the driver and passenger memory settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
First Volvo for me. Waited 2 years for the new XC90 to become available. Last two vehicles were Lexus GX470's. Had the first about four years, the second for seven years (two of which I was patiently waiting for the XC, LOL.) Not a single mechanical issue with either Lexus, other than the damn tire pressure monitor being glitchy. Hoping my new Volvo has that kind of reliability...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts