SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice S60 2.5T AWD and I really want to make it look like something special/cool/custom/swedish, any positive adjective will work. Having never customized a Volvo, I do not know what direction to head in first. Will it look clumsy to have a kit without rims? would a mesh grille look out of place without other custom features for it to harmonize with? am I just making up issues to have? Since I have the all mighty power of the swedespeed forum, I want to see what all of you think would be a good place to start.

So my question to all of you is: Where should I start, what should I mod first?

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
Suspension - shocks and springs to lower it THEN rims and tires.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
pics?

if you have some 16" oem rims thats one thing, but IMO 17" tethys dont look bad enough for them to be the first thing to change...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
um speak for yourself on the size brodie! unless your overcompensating for something, i get nothing but compliments on my Ursas (16"). they are hard to keep clean and look like a gun metal color after a while but when i do them up, they look great on my car which is sapphire black btw.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

Quote, originally posted by DGBibo »
they are hard to keep clean and look like a gun metal color after a while but when i do them up, they look great on my car which is sapphire black btw.

Ceramic brakes are the best for rims never have to clean metallic brake dust again. But they are much more expensive. Worth it IMO http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: :: Poll: 04' S60 mods, What Comes First? :: (Burn Down Babylon)

Assuming your S60 is in complete Stage 0 condition, suspension upgrades are nice, because if you put nice stuff on it will last for a good while. Then you can do wheels and then performance upgrades, but in the end its all on you so good luck!!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: :: Poll: 04' S60 mods, What Comes First? :: (JonathanL)

An intake is a total waste of cash... gives you nothing except more noise.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: :: Poll: 04' S60 mods, What Comes First? :: (Burn Down Babylon)

Put your money into stopping and steering before you upgrade the power.

in order:
Bigger brakes>sport Struts/shocks>bigger sway bars>strut brace>rear spoiler>exhaust>IPD softloader

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
brakes? nobody trying to stop, we are trying to go faster! lol

i didnt all the bushing / mounts, then fluids (tranny was the biggest pay off) , then i did spring seats, then TCV, then EST intake, and finally the BSR Stage 1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.