SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hmmm. Tough to tell if Rob's is a GLT or T5. The wheels almost look like the GLT ones, so they may be closer in speed than you think...well, at least in HP. They sure went heavy on the tint with the XC, didn't they?

- Darell

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think it is an R, look at the front spoiler. they probably just put higher profile tires on this car for going over curbs, etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought the fog lights only came on the T-5 or the R, so those are my guesses. The front does look like my car, so I am leaning towards the R also.

As for where it is, the license plate is European.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes! - Volvo V70R AWD
George, mjbr24, o2bnme... score a full point.
I'll give my buddy D a 1/2 since he knew it was a Volvo.

o2bnme gets an extra 1/2 point since he noticed it has foreign plates... but guessed the wrong continent.

Australian Federal Police.

Here's the article: http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_75/showall_/id_VOL/doc_vlv9905101/article.html

PS- o2bnme, would love to see come pics of your AWD & Audi TT.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have some pix of my cars out at www.ebradstreet.net. The V70R pix are of a dirty car though. :-( The TT wins out from a picture standpoint. It wins aethetically IMHO. I have 45meg of pictures of the Audi and only 6 meg of the Volvo. A couple of the Volvo pictures show the christmas lights on the roof rails. :)

Here's one picture...

The web site has a few others.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great PIC! Very nice rides!

I've always loved the look of V70RAWD especially the wheels! As for the TT, only in my dreams NOW, since we have a little one on the way in July. But I can always watch MI2 for my TT fix! You're very lucky!

Here's one of mine after the recent rain. Prospero thought it was caused by my car detailing inadequacies! I gotta' stop using that Pine-Sol.

BTW: your link is not working.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Bill,

The link that you gave is not working. You probably meant to this one: 2000 Volvo V70R AWD Pictures

Your V70R looks sweet. I have never seen one in that color before. I didn't even know that they made that color in 2000! The only colors that I have seen are Laser Blue, Black, and Silver. I like the look of the dual exhaust. I know that the guages are tinted blue, but does the background look bluish at night? Thanks!

I love those blue tinted guages!

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-15-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rob101,

I fixed my link... the web site interpretted that the end-of-sentence period (.) was to be part of the URL. Easy to change.

I like the graphite wheels as well. They hide the brake dust and add a bit of class.

As for fitting an impractical car like a TT into the family... my wife takes her dogs to work with her (one is her retired guide dog, the other is a guide dog puppy-in-training). They both fit at her feet in the TT. I think people might complain if we stuck a baby down there though.
I do imagine we'll not drive the TT as much when we have kids, but that won't be for a year or two. My wife doesn't drive right now, so I am the only one to get behind the wheel!! I'll be getting the TT dyno'd in a month or so to see what the exhaust did for it. I'll be chipping it in a few months. I'm hoping to get close to 275hp with a chip!

InDy,

I have only seen two 'R's so far...mine being one of them. I wonder how many 2000's Volvo sold in the US. {edit: I did see an 850R once...boy was he movin'.)

The dials really don't look blue at night...just in daylight. The picture you posted is a very good representation of what they look like during the day. Oh, and that picture wasn't from a 2000 V70R...the 2000 doesn't have a Tracs button.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rob -

Thanks for throwing me a bone! And I even knew it was Australian....damn, shoulda mentioned that early on. It's stuff like this that make my decision to not play on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire a wise one.

- Darell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts