SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ok another basic question here, obviously this car does not have a drive mode wheel, is the Polestar always on or is there a way to turn it on and off?.
The software simply tunes your car differently so is always “on”.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok another basic question here, obviously this car does not have a drive mode wheel, is the Polestar always on or is there a way to turn it on and off?.
The tune will always be on. The polestar tune is basically a canned tune. It just tunes the engines differently, ups boost, optimizes gearshifts which in the end gets more power out of the car. There is no way to turn the tune off, once you get installed, it will always be on. Now if you the settings COMFORT, SPORT, ADVANCED in your car, that will change how and when the car shifts, and the stiffness of the suspension, but that isn't related to the Polestar tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wait, does the 2017 have Comfort, Spot & Advanced mode? I did not know that.
Where in the settings is that?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wait, does the 2017 have Comfort, Spot & Advanced mode? I did not know that.
Where in the settings is that?.
Mine doesn't have a drive mode selector, but when I move the gear knob left into the sport gate the transmission shifts noticeably more aggressive. I'm not sure if that is a characteristic of the vehicle or because of the Polestar tune. I haven't driven another 2017 without it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just spoke to a Volvo dealer (canada) and he said the polestar tune only gave you that extra power in Polestar mode, not comfort or any other mode...is this true

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
just spoke to a Volvo dealer (canada) and he said the polestar tune only gave you that extra power in Polestar mode, not comfort or any other mode...is this true
I don’t think that’s true although performance would likely be slightly better in that Polestar mode. Even if it doesn’t add extra power, it should sharpen transmission behavior and throttle tuning which might make it marginally quicker, but the Polestar tune’s engine power should always be there regardless of what mode you are in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this something not worth getting on a lease?

I just started a lease on a 2021 T6R. At the end of the lease, I'm either thinking of buying the car or selling to 3rd party like Vroom. If I keep the car, then it's a no-brainer. But if I sell to 3rd party, would I be getting any type of return on the optimization?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is this something not worth getting on a lease?

I just started a lease on a 2021 T6R. At the end of the lease, I'm either thinking of buying the car or selling to 3rd party like Vroom. If I keep the car, then it's a no-brainer. But if I sell to 3rd party, would I be getting any type of return on the optimization?
I think you would. It’s covered under warranty abs it’s like having a different engine option with more power. I would say you get every penny you put into it back

21 - 29 of 29 Posts