·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Wondering myself. Anybody???

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i want this. how much?

My dealer does not know anything about this, stating it is not available @ volvo of toronto.
It was just announced 7 days ago for 06 and 07s so mabe they do not now about it.
The announcement:

http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/publish/Volvo_News/Polestar_Expands_Lineup.html

In this thread, post number 32, it mentions info sent to U.S. dealers. So maybe it is not
available in Canada?

http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/publish/Volvo_News/Polestar_Expands_Lineup.html

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why Polestar when you can spend much less for the same performance from IPD, RICA, or ARD. Assuming you have a 2.5T it's probably out of warrantee so no need for Polestar.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i purchased the new Polestar software upgrade from my local Volvo dealer earlier this week and have really enjoyed the slight increase in power. It's not going to change the car to V8 power, but it really has given my 2.5t a little boost in performance. Overall I'm happy with the new found power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks y'all. @bgilliam - Pls. can you say what is the Year/Model of your Volvo? What dealer performed this in DFW area because I am in the area close to Volvo of Dallas on 121 and Tollway? How long did it take and was there any way to measure the increase in power at the dealership? Also, for those of us who don't have warranty, what are the advantages of Polestar? Any legal/insurance issues if a vehicle running software other than that recommended by Volvo is involved in an accident?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
for me, is not if the polestar will make any damage or not, everything will depend of how the XC90 had been take care all this years, dont thing a bad condition XC will hold the extra power, the tranny will be one of the first thing to gone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Any legal/insurance issues if a vehicle running software other than that recommended by Volvo is involved in an accident?
I can speak to this one.

I cannot fathom any per se liability for an accident in a car with performance software upgrades. Its like asking if you are more or less liabile of you rear end someone while driving a Corvette versus a Malibu ~ it doesnt matter. Your liability for an accident will depend on the amount of care you exercised - or lack thereof. "Negligence" is based on what you did (driving too fast for conditions, failing to keep safe lookout & rear ending someone, etc) or what you did not do but should have (failed to stop at a traffic light, failed to look before merging, etc). It has little to do with size of engine or specs.

That being said, its easier to get into trouble in a faster car, but the fact you are driving a faster car, or have tweaked your car is not a basis for enhanced liability in and of itself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can speak to this one.

I cannot fathom any per se liability for an accident in a car with performance software upgrades. Its like asking if you are more or less liabile of you rear end someone while driving a Corvette versus a Malibu ~ it doesnt matter. Your liability for an accident will depend on the amount of care you exercised - or lack thereof. "Negligence" is based on what you did (driving too fast for conditions, failing to keep safe lookout & rear ending someone, etc) or what you did not do but should have (failed to stop at a traffic light, failed to look before merging, etc). It has little to do with size of engine or specs.

That being said, its easier to get into trouble in a faster car, but the fact you are driving a faster car, or have tweaked your car is not a basis for enhanced liability in and of itself.
Thanks to @Lawguy for this advise.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
othe other hand, whilelawguy is correct regarding liability, many insurance companies ask at renewal if there are any modfications to the car. the ramiications of not answering that truthfuly can vary by state and insurance company. also, your insurance company may have a policy against issuing policies on "modified" cars. now we can get into a pissin contest on what constitutes "modified", which will be a waste of time since each company may have their own definition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks y'all. @bgilliam - Pls. can you say what is the Year/Model of your Volvo? What dealer performed this in DFW area because I am in the area close to Volvo of Dallas on 121 and Tollway? How long did it take and was there any way to measure the increase in power at the dealership? Also, for those of us who don't have warranty, what are the advantages of Polestar? Any legal/insurance issues if a vehicle running software other than that recommended by Volvo is involved in an accident?
I have a 2006 XC90 2.5t and it was done at the Park Place Volvo dealership in Dallas. It's basically right next to Love Field airport. it seems to have a little more pick up and i think it was worth it. I just hope that it doesn't mess up the tranny over time. I'm not a mechanic or anything so I don't know but I would think Volvo wouldnt issue this if it did.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I will install Polestar next week at my XC90 2.5t 2006 VOR and I will post my comments and feelings...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts