SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Los Angeles just upgraded my XC90. Dealer said to register it when I get home details in the box. No details in the box and no where on the website to register. I have a white Polestar badge. Polestar doesn't go registration anymore? I checked here and the internet found nothing. Dealership is at a loss too.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2016 CPO XC90 T6 Inscription May 2019 & had Polestar software made part of the deal...…...went back to the dealer ~2 weeks later for the to install the Polestar software & do a few other "we owe" things. They also put on the white Polestar badge & told me that when I got my Polestar package in the mail (2-3 weeks) I would need to register. When the package arrived there was no place to register via mailing back a card or on line. I confirmed with the dealer (after they looked into it) & I also called Volvo NA; they no longer register Polestar & issue numbered certificates. I'm very happy with the Polestar software & the way it makes the T6 perform!

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Thank you I had a feeling they discontinued it. I am really happy with the upgrade. Love this XC90!
why would you even register it in the first place? Its just a tune. Its not like you have an actual limited edition Polestar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because my dealer handed me a box said the registration instructions were inside and when I get home register it online. Has something to do with future updates and the tune not getting written over.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would assume that all else being equal, a P* tune would carry some value at resale as it does improve performance. And if I was the buyer I would want some assurance more than a $2 EBay P* badge as proof.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would assume that all else being equal, a P* tune would carry some value at resale as it does improve performance. And if I was the buyer I would want some assurance more than a $2 EBay P* badge as proof.
Which is why they're slowly changing the menu in SPA cars to say "Polestar" instead of Dynamic mode. Not too easy to fake that one. 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts