SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, gang!
So the Polestar website, when you choose USA market, and then the V60, only shows Polestar upgrade available for the 2016 V60 as "Polestar Approved".

I have a 2015½ and called my dealer anyway. He was great about calling Volvo and getting it verified that it can, in fact, also be done for the 2015½ V60.
So, here's my credit card and give me the update.

They're not giving it away, it's $1350.... I am guessing the pricing is inflexible no matter where you get it done on this model in the USA.
I'll let you know next Wednesday how the drive to work and back home in "beast mode" goes!

Anyway, I'm gonna hafta add Polestar to my swedespeed signature now...

Greg

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ouch. $1350 for 0 net hp gain and 37 ftlbs of torque. They should really scale the prices with the degree of change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Good for you, and I'm looking forward to hearing about the results. I really want to know how it impacts the car when you just put it in drive rather than sport. But as for the pricing, that tune would have to be utterly transformational to be worth $1350 of my dollars. I have a hard time believing that's going to happen unless it activates that invisible Haldex system that all FWD Drive-E cars secretly come with.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread about this upgrade. $1300 for 37ft/lbs? The new VAG 2.0TFSI motors pick up like 80hp for a $650.00 "stage 1" flash. I would pay $650.00 for it, but man, $1300.00...

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The difference would probably actually be easier to feel on a FWD car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having had our T5 Drive-e flashed here, can tell you that it makes a large difference to driveability - especially around town. The car doesn't "hunt" for gears during hard acceleration, and 9 times out of 10 is in the gear that I want it to be in (as compared to probably 7/10 previously).

Hope you enjoy the tune!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Worth a try anyway....

Looking at the numbers from Volvo...and to keisuke880's point.....should really enhance drivability
And it does add HP in the midrange
And heck, it's got a 30-day money back...so....it's worth a try
http://www.polestar.com/us/product/v60-t5-drive-e-fwd-automatic-2016-2/

Performance Original Optimized
Power Mid-Range (hp) 197 216
Power Mid-Range (kW) 144 159
Torque Mid-Range (lb/ft) 258 295
Power & Torque Mid-Range max (rpm) 2500-4000 2500-4000
Power Peak (hp) 240 240
Power Peak (kW) 178 178
Power Peak max (rpm) 5500 5500
Torque Peak (lb/ft) 258 295
Torque Peak max (rpm) 1500-4800 2000-3500
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s) 6.4 6.3
Fuel Consumption, city (mpg) 25.0 25.0
Fuel Consumption, road (mpg) 37.0 37.0
Fuel Consumption, mix (mpg) 29.0 29.0
Emission (g/km) 149 149

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Excellent tutorial. Thanks for posting the link!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Greg,

Looking forward to your review. How do you drive your T5e now? What octane to you use? D or S most of the time? Give us a good baseline, if you could, thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greg,

Looking forward to your review. How do you drive your T5e now? What octane to you use? D or S most of the time? Give us a good baseline, if you could, thanks.
Hi!,
I use premium gas, 93 octane, sometimes with no ethanol, but mostly from pumps that say "may contain up to 10% ethanol"
My driving style is sometimes strictly in ECO mode, but sometimes in heavy traffic where I like the power and maneuverability "sport" mode can deliver.
My motto has always been "driving is not about knowing what lane to be in, but about knowing when to get out of the lane you are in" which is a view I learned useful in Los Angeles traffic and that style has served me well even to this day.

Never got in a road rage incident, not a jackhole driver, I just strive to waste as little time in traffic as possible...which means throttle response and no gear shifts while turning at speed would be very helpful.

And sometimes I like to show people who piss me off my rear license plate....this is usually in the head-to-head stoplight line up....but sometimes it's with the many pickup truck drivers who drive like they are terrified they're going to roll their truck at the slightest bend in the road while doing 35 in a 45.

I guess that about sums it up....Thanks for asking!
Greg

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It sounds like a dating profile for a car enthusiast. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It sounds like a dating profile for a car enthusiast. :)

Ha! I guess it does....long drives on the beach holding the sport shifters....etc...;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts