SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that the new V60 R design (inline 6 turbo engine) polestar tune has more power and torque than the XC60 r design (inline 6 turbo) polestar tune. would it be possible to have the V60 tune in the XC60?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
i noticed that the new V60 R design (inline 6 turbo engine) polestar tune has more power and torque than the XC60 r design (inline 6 turbo) polestar tune. would it be possible to have the V60 tune in the XC60?
Where did you see that? There is only one optimization program from non-Polestar 6-cyl Volvos.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
They should be the same power output for the Inline-6 Turbo (T6 AWD) between the V60 and XC60. The dealer must be just showing the base stock specs on what ever advertisement or spec sheet.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,796 Posts
The specs you provided are for the S60 Polestar and V60 Polestar limited editions that debuted in 2015.5. You are correct in that they include hardware upgrades as well as a unique software upgrade.

Many models are available with a Polestar optimisation. This is a software-only upgrade. See link for complete list of models.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Interesting that the polestar version (as in P* edition, not polestar tune of a regular I6) is spec'd to 345 hp on the canadian market. I saw SwedenVolvo's latest video where he said he was interested in installing a polestar tune on his 2009 T6 and if I recall correctly the polestar specs said 311 hp whereas on the Swedish market (and afaik all the other ones too) it'll state 315 hp, the same horsepower as the V8 is rated to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts