SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought the kit and will install in the next few days.

1. does anyone knows what would be the adequate torque for the 10 screws / nuts involved? (Are the any detailed instructions from Volvo which specifies the torque on the bar screws or at least on the already present nuts?)

2. what would be some good maneuvers to perform before and after to better feel any differences post install?

thanks for any help.

regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
'21 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus/Bright Silver Metallic/Black//21's//Polestar Tower bar and chip upgrade
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I bought the kit and will install in the next few days.

1. does anyone knows what would be the adequate torque for the 10 screws / nuts involved? (Are the any detailed instructions from Volvo which specifies the torque on the bar screws or at least on the already present nuts?)

2. what would be some good maneuvers to perform before and after to better feel any differences post install?

thanks for any help.

regards,
Daniel
Your best bet would be to check the torque of the bolts that are currently in place and just match that.

Essentially any hard turning at speed will make a difference. Whether it's right hand turns or like an on-ramp or curve. You should feel the body roll reduce and there will be a little more stability while turning.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was doing test drives between installing the bar and removing it and ended up stripping the thread in one of the bar mounts. Just doesn't want to go in anymore. I was hand tightening the bolt when it happened, so be careful, that thread is pretty soft.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When taking them off I measured a torque which I believe it was about 40 NM or less on the suspension bolts

I put 40NM in all bolts when tightening up all 6 of the suspension bolts and the 4 bar mount bolts.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts