SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
'21 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus/Bright Silver Metallic/Black//21's//Polestar Tower bar and chip upgrade
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks. Just did the install on my '21 T6 Momentum plus. I have a few on ramps and highway transitions to test and there was a NOTICABLE difference in steering at speed (especially in Polestar mode). Literally no roll at all.

Ordered everything from @rileyvolvo on this forum (who we're absolutely AMAZING FYI). Install took me literally 5 minutes. It's 3 10mm bolts on each tower and then the 4 13mm bolts for the bar. I removed 2 tower bolts, bolted the new mount to one of them, then undid the 3rd bolt and swung the mount in place and snugged up all 3. Literally took like 2 minutes per tower. Once both attachments were on I put the bar in place and mounted the 4 securing bolts. Aligned the bar as best to the middle as possible and snugged them down. DONE.

One of the best bang for your buck upgrades especially if you get parts on a GREAT deal. Have at it!!!

Parts:
32207453 - Bar mount,
32207454 -Bar mount
32207448 - Bar,
987515 x 4 - 4 flange screws

Tools:
10mm socket (extension helpful)
13mm socket (bar screws)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ok folks. Just did the install on my '21 T6 Momentum plus. I have a few on ramps and highway transitions to test and there was a NOTICABLE difference in steering at speed (especially in Polestar mode). Literally no roll at all.

Ordered everything from @rileyvolvo on this forum (who we're absolutely AMAZING FYI). Install took me literally 5 minutes. It's 3 10mm bolts on each tower and then the 4 13mm bolts for the bar. I removed 2 tower bolts, bolted the new mount to one of them, then undid the 3rd bolt and swung the mount in place and snugged up all 3. Literally took like 2 minutes per tower. Once both attachments were on I put the bar in place and mounted the 4 securing bolts. Aligned the bar as best to the middle as possible and snugged them down. DONE.

One of the best bang for your buck upgrades especially if you get parts on a GREAT deal. Have at it!!!

Parts:
32207453 - Bar mount,
32207454 -Bar mount
32207448 - Bar,

Tools:
13mm socket (bar screws)

View attachment 130311
View attachment 130312
View attachment 130313
View attachment 130314
Ugh, now this makes me want to buy it for my 21 T6 haha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus/Bright Silver Metallic/Black//21's//Polestar Tower bar and chip upgrade
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, now this makes me want to buy it for my 21 T6 haha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Just do it. Wait for a great sale and contact Riley and order from them. Peer pressure is good pressure right? Hahahah

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cool! Do you have the standard spring setup or air suspension? I haven't popped the hood to see if it's even possible, but wondering if there's any advantage to this with the air suspension I have on my XC60... I imagine less body/frame flex is still a plus in corners regardless of the suspension.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! Do you have the standard spring setup or air suspension? I haven't popped the hood to see if it's even possible, but wondering if there's any advantage to this with the air suspension I have on my XC60... I imagine less body/frame flex is still a plus in corners regardless of the suspension.
I have the standard I believe but stability is never bad, especially for the price. I think the bigger cars benefit obviously more than a smaller car would but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just curious-does the brace have any negative effects, such as more vibration on rough pavement for example?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just curious-does the brace have any negative effects, such as more vibration on rough pavement for example?
Nothing like that at all. In fact I changed it last night and my wife took it to work today on her usual route of highway and neighborhood roads. It was also raining a little bit. Her feedback was a dramatic and noticeable difference and that's saying something.

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
280 Posts
Installed! As you said was a piece of cake…took me 10 minutes because I dropped a bolt in the engine compartment and had to bang on the belly pan for 5 min before the bolt fell out. Don’t expect any noticeable results but will post if there are any

·
Registered
2016 XC90 T6 R-Design I Climate, Convenience, Vision I Air Suspension, B&W, Booster, 22" Wheels
41 Posts

Parts:
32207453 - Bar mount,
32207454 -Bar mount
32207448 - Bar,

Tools:
13mm socket (bar screws)

View attachment 130311
View attachment 130312
View attachment 130313
View attachment 130314
Now I regret not purchasing this when you posted about it during their big sale!

Reactions: NordstromJunkie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I regret not purchasing this when you posted about it during their big sale!
I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future. Now that you know it's what you want all you have to do is wait for the right moment. LOL

I'm upset myself because I thought I put mud flaps in my order and I guess I forgot. LOL

·
Registered
Fafnir: 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription, Ember Black
152 Posts
Where do you get these? I don't seem them on Volvo's website(at least not on any obvious area) and Polestar's website only lists their cars.

Found them on vivaperformace and such.

·
Registered
2016 XC90 T6 R-Design I Climate, Convenience, Vision I Air Suspension, B&W, Booster, 22" Wheels
41 Posts
I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future. Now that you know it's what you want all you have to do is wait for the right moment. LOL

I'm upset myself because I thought I put mud flaps in my order and I guess I forgot. LOL
I ordered my mud flaps off of eBay for $25 total. They are a perfect fit!

Reactions: NordstromJunkie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where do you get these? I don't seem them on Volvo's website(at least not on any obvious area) and Polestar's website only lists their cars.

Found them on vivaperformace and such.
You can also order them direct from the dealer which is what I did. They were an unbelievable price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone is wondering, this fit my ‘18 T6 momentum. Installed last week after taking advantage of the Riley sale.

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
280 Posts
Yea, I’ve got it with air & 21’s. No noticeable difference but haven’t really run it hard yet.

On other vehicles where I’ve installed a strut brace (mostly older bmw’s), the biggest difference was in reduced cowl shake over bigger bumps and better/more responsive turn-in, which in turn would make the steering feel sharper. Also slightly reduced bump-steer mid-corner.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts