SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.polestar.com/intl/2015/09/11/polestar-to-remain-dynamic-and-independent-under-volvo-control/

Polestar, the performance brand of Volvo Cars, will operate as a dynamic and independent enterprise under Volvo Cars' ownership, according to Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive of Volvo Cars.

Polestar will have its own management team and will control its own product strategy, research and development, as well as marketing and sales, Mr Samuelsson said.

Polestar will also continue its motorsport activity in the 2016 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship alongside Cyan Racing, the new racing team set up by Christian Dahl.

"I am keen for Polestar to remain as entrepreneurial as possible," said Mr Samuelsson. "We want Polestar to build on its racing heritage and strengthen its brand by pushing the limits in terms of engineering and technology. The best way to achieve this was for it to work as an independent unit."

Polestar's management currently comprises Björn Sällström as chief executive and Niels Möller as chief product officer, reporting to a Board of Directors comprising senior Volvo executive managers.

Volvo Cars acquired 100 per cent of Polestar in July 2015. The two main business areas of Polestar, cars and accessories, will be expanded further and continue to be tied closely with the motorsport programmes in terms of technical development.

In 2015, Volvo expects to sell 750 Polestar versions of the V60 wagon and S60 sedan globally. Polestar sales are forecast to increase to between 1,000 and 1,500 cars a year in the medium term under Volvo's ownership.

This is obviously a positive from a Performance Development standpoint but could be interesting from a Sales and Marketing perspective. I was wondering how this was going to play out and now we have our first answer.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Sounds prefect if they follow-through on it.
Here's my take. They need some serious marketing blitz. No one has a clue what these cars are. I landed in socal yesterday and my brother surprised me by picking me up in a M4. Why did he have a M4? Because there is a ****load of info about them all over the place and he had no problem ordering whatever he wanted at the dealer. Volvo dealers are so far behind it is laughable. When I went to reserve my Polestar they had not the faintest clue what I was talking about. People still currently go to service their Polestar and even the technicians haven't the faintest clue what they are talking about. See the thread nearby where some tech tells an owner that the adjustable suspension only adjusts height. Idiots that don't rate holding a wrench.

Our Polestars are serious vehicles with serious applications. Until Volvo finds a way to drill that home in marketing, there are no buyers but those of us who spend the time to educate ourselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.