1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Love the seats and shift knob!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hmm...the "angled" polestar badge on the trunk is interesting (vs the square design today), and it's of the smaller size like the r-designs get, so is this a 325hp car or a 345hp car?

Interior looks GREAT, and the door sills are especially nice.

The black stripe on the doors is a little wide for my taste and seems to clash with the metal trim at the top of the doors...seems that should be gloss black too (Though that's an easy enough fix as a DIY).

On the plus side, this means the polestar exhaust is being made to fit the XC chassis dimensions!

·
Registered
985 Posts
what logo is on the steering wheel (below the airbag)?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Is there a link to this new R-design on Volvo's website?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Not sure I like these wheels on an XC60...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
lol...ahem so is this not the real deal? Why does it still have the rdesign logo??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RD Polestar-ized or a new Polestar package group or options but not a "Polestar". I can't imagine a purpose built Polestar anything equipped with a D5 engine. This would be akin to a Mercedes with an AMG package, but not the pure AMG assembled by AMG.

·
Registered
123 Posts
RD Polestar-ized or a new Polestar package group or options but not a "Polestar". I can't imagine a purpose built Polestar anything equipped with a D5 engine. This would be akin to a Mercedes with an AMG package, but not the pure AMG assembled by AMG.
I can't imagine either, but having a RD steering wheel with polestar badges seems to be a bit confusing :facepalm:

·
Registered
112 Posts
MB Does "AMG Sport"
BMW does "M-Sport"
Audi does "S-Line"
VW does "R-Line"
So not entirely uncommon.

I sure wish they would put a Polestar drivetrain in the XC60 though, so the SQ5 and base Macan would have some competition.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yup. Mercedes, Audi and BMW have the "poser package options" on many of their cars.

I had an A4 that was tricked out with the poser pack that made it look like an S4. Very pretty but yeah, I knew I had the poser pack. Couldn't afford the S4 at the time.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Still, I like it, but it'll be close to $60K USD. I guess a last hurrah before the SPA XC60. I don't see Brembos hiding in there, and I'm sure no Ohlins so.....when's the SPA releasing? ;)

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
you know when Polestar was a separate entity and they were releasing Volvo approved "optimizations" for Volvo's sloppy work I could -almost- buy it.

Now Volvo owns Polestar, and so basically they are selling you a sloppily tuned engine and then getting you to pay them AGAIN to optimize what should have come that way from the factory.

The whole thing reeks.

I suspect orgs like the EU may step in and regulate if manufacturers don't clean up this type of behavior. If you are selling a car that can and should make every bit of horsepower that an "optimization" should give you, one could argue it should leave the factory optimized to begin with.

If the Polestar badge becomes nothing more than a poseuR-Design replacement that will be a damn shame.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well let's at least wait until we see the first round of the new P design cars (which this does not seem to be, right) Hopefully there will be some performance differences besides just the engine tuning. Even in this example there's an upgraded exhaust and wheels for instance.

I kind of agree that the engine tuning should be standard (perhaps the dynamic mode) but maybe the standalone tunes won't even be released that way now that polestar is in house. The next year or so will be understandably muddled while they sort it out but I think it's a little early to be scandalized.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Lighter wheels or just ones with a patch of blue painted on them? Upgraded exhaust or a polished tip with a polestar logo on it? These days upgraded exhaust usually means a stock exhaust with more or less resonators in it to change the sound and make it sound more powerful. I'm pretty sure if they had a proper high flow cat and larger diameter pipe on it the little hamster motor would sound awful unless they did the Ford cheat by piping in fake sound to the cabin.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hi

Is this a special edition by Polestar for a certain only local market i.e. like the V40 Carbon edition?

thanks
Yes, this was/is offered in certain European markets only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts