SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bird whispered to me that polestar will release their upgrade to the 285hp T6 engine in 2-3 weeks time now.

315hp and 480nm, i can't wait :)

/Martin

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I heard a rumor (at Volvo's US HQ) that they are working on offerings for older P2 models, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I heard a rumor (at Volvo's US HQ) that they are working on offerings for older P2 models, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is true.
Yes, more solutions are forthcoming.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Timing? I will buy this in a heartbeat for my 2010 XC.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timing? I will buy this in a heartbeat for my 2010 XC.
I've been told it will be released globaly in about 2 weeks. I think i'll go for this upgrade as well.

/Martin

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just did the polestar upgrade on my 2010 D5 and the 10% extra power and torque is definately noticeable and worth the money.

Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's availible now....

/Martin

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
480nm at 2750rpm isn't bad. The Polestar T6 MY09-10 is even better than the MY11-13 T6 engine with polestar untill 5000rpm where the new one beats the old one. Not bad at all-

/Martin

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just called my dealer and they're not yet aware of the upgrade for the 285hp T6. A few weeks more...at least in the US.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called my dealer and they're not yet aware of the upgrade for the 285hp T6. A few weeks more...at least in the US.
You can find it on polestars US website.

Purchase Reference:
When visiting your Volvo dealer quote the following references to describe the product you refer.
Article number: 31380334
Polestar ID: 1495

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes - I did see it on the Polestar website and the numbers look nice! The dealer indicated they typically receive a bulletin when the software package is ready to download through VIDA.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will the tunes be available for the older (2007-2010) EUCD S80 T6 ? They aren't via Volvo for the current S80 T6.
It's the same engine so yes. It's availible on polestars website.

/Martin

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I don't understand that, by the way. ^

·
Registered
191 Posts
for those with my09-10 looking to add polestar, do you think this is a relatively big investment in the vehicle? i would love to keep mine forever and if thats the case i would think about adding the polestar treatment. my xc has 66000 miles and im wondering if it is a good idea. any thoughts?

·
Registered
191 Posts
oh, and the service dept at my dealer did not know what polestar was at first. then he asked and found out that its not available for 2010 xc60...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am seriously considering this software upgrade since I own my XC60 and think it would be a great addition to increase versatility and safety. However, what is keeping me from doing this yet, is the software of the gearbox. Will this be updated as well? Quicker gear changes and adding sport mode when you put the automatic in GearTronic (+ / - Manual mode)? I hope it does, as currently it is rather slow in shifting it's gears (when comparing to the S60T6).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts