SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wish I could speak to the t5 but I only know the before and after with the T6. For me it was worth it. It changes the shift points, holds low gears longer, adds some boost to midrange power so highway passing is effortless, etc. It kinda sucks that dealers usually don't have a polestar car you can test, it's a bit of a gamble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my salesperson just came back and told me the Parts Director told her that their cost is $1100. she thinks that if anyone gets it in the range of $500-600, the dealer is eating part of that price. i have my doubts. i just wish there was a comparable product in the aftermarket.
There is.
Hilton Tuning.
All you need is a chinese clone DICE unit and VIDA, about 100 bucks, sometimes less.
The stage 0 upgrade from them, similar to Polestar power gains, for my 05 V8 XC90 is about $1000

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You can do an online chat with Volvo CS and they will give you a rebate coupon capped at $200.
do you chat with customer service on volvocars.com? i'd like to get the rebate, as i think i might be able to get the upgrade at my dealer's [quoted] cost. the rebate would make that much more attractive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
do you chat with customer service on volvocars.com? i'd like to get the rebate, as i think i might be able to get the upgrade at my dealer's [quoted] cost. the rebate would make that much more attractive.
Just received a 20%-off accessories coupon from VolvoUS as a “new owner”...dealer often sends his own 15%-off accessories note, but with the “cannot-be-combined-with-other-discounts” proviso. Thought we could get tot. 35% off for Polestar upgrade, but dealer says no...ouch.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can also reach out to Volvo customer service and request an accessories rebate/coupon. They're good for 30% off (capped at $200), and can be used toward Polestar software. So that helps to offset the cost a little bit.
I just got one of those. Now they are 20% off capped at $150...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just got one of those. Now they are 20% off capped at $150...
sdedson, when did you get yours? You may want to hit them back up, I got a coupon emailed to me today from Volvo USA (requested via chat) and it was still the 30%/$200 one. Was the 20% one just sent to you or did you request it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone in the Los Angeles County or Orange County area (CA) find a dealer to discount? And if so, what did you pay?
Try Andrew in the parts dept at Ontario Volvo. I drove an hour from South OC to Ontario to get my Polestar tune. The selling dealer (OC Volvo) would only do 10% off. If your car is new(er), try asking Volvo customer service for the 20% off accessory coupon that they send out to new owners.

·
Registered
393 Posts
sdedson, when did you get yours? You may want to hit them back up, I got a coupon emailed to me today from Volvo USA (requested via chat) and it was still the 30%/$200 one. Was the 20% one just sent to you or did you request it?
Just sent to me. I bought new 2020 XC90 in late Dec and today received this one...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum and interested in opinions on whether it is worth the money to upgrade to Polestar. I have the base T5, 2018 S90 AWD

Is there a noticeable difference?

What is the difference.

Since my car is stock, and not a T6 or T8. I am interested to hear how Polestar has changed the driving experience.

Thank you.
I recently purchased a CPO 2018 V90CC T5. I came from a 2017 V60 T6 with P* so when I test drove the T5 I thought it was rather underwhelming. Didn’t think I could live with the T5 as it really felt gutless for such a heavy car. But we needed the bigger car and I didn’t want the supercharger as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
I negotiated with the dealership that I would buy it on condition of them installing Polestar optimization for $900CAD. They agreed. This was risky as I didn’t really know what to expect, only had hopes of it being marginally better.
I have to say it makes a huge difference with the driveability, in my opinion. It gives the T5 the same torque figure as a non-optimized T6. And set it into Polestar mode for some fun and I don’t miss the T6 at all! I am very please with the upgrade and I feel it is worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just sent to me. I bought new 2020 XC90 in late Dec and today received this one...
Here is what I got yesterday. Emailed to me about 10 minutes after I requested it via chat under help & support at Volvo USA

·
Registered
2021 V60 R-Design
31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 V60 R-Design
31 Posts
Yep go to XC90 page and on the top right color there was be an option "chat" and just tell them you want the rebate coupon. Somehow the chat function is not available under the V60/90 pages.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yep go to XC90 page and on the top right color there was be an option "chat" and just tell them you want the rebate coupon. Somehow the chat function is not available under the V60/90 pages.
thanks for letting me know about the 'chat' option on the XC90 page. i wasn't seeing that option on the V90 pages. i have already rec'd the coupon from volvo and it's the same as above - 30% capped at $200.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently purchased a CPO 2018 V90CC T5. I came from a 2017 V60 T6 with P* so when I test drove the T5 I thought it was rather underwhelming. Didn’t think I could live with the T5 as it really felt gutless for such a heavy car. But we needed the bigger car and I didn’t want the supercharger as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
I negotiated with the dealership that I would buy it on condition of them installing Polestar optimization for $900CAD. They agreed. This was risky as I didn’t really know what to expect, only had hopes of it being marginally better.
I have to say it makes a huge difference with the driveability, in my opinion. It gives the T5 the same torque figure as a non-optimized T6. And set it into Polestar mode for some fun and I don’t miss the T6 at all! I am very please with the upgrade and I feel it is worth it.

That's great news. I've had my 2018 T5 for about a year, and have been wondering if the P* tune would be worth it. I'll have to check into it now. I think the 2018 is a gorgeous car, it's just doesn't compare to my 06 V70R. Hopefully this will close the gap between the two and I can finally part with the R.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 PHEV T8 Osmium Gray
41 Posts
I just emailed them and got the following in less than an hour:

Thank you for contacting Volvo!

I have attached a 30% mail in rebate coupon which is valid for six months the coupon has a maximum reimbursement of $200.00!

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

·
Registered
2021 XC60 PHEV T8 Osmium Gray
41 Posts
I was just quoted $1500 by Service Manager after the parts department quoted me $1290.60. I was told the install did not qualify for the Affinity program for First Responders, but the Service Manager did kindly offer a 10% discount off his quote.

I do have the 30%/$200 rebate ready, but would like to find the install for $1000 or less to start if possible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just quoted $1500 by Service Manager after the parts department quoted me $1290.60. I was told the install did not qualify for the Affinity program for First Responders, but the Service Manager did kindly offer a 10% discount off his quote.

I do have the 30%/$200 rebate ready, but would like to find the install for $1000 or less to start if possible.
I think its going to be a stretch under $1k. When i was looking at purchasing a v90 Rdesign I had tried to work it in to multiple deals and they all said no. Even to make a sale on cars that were on lots for 60 days, they wouldnt do it for less than 1200.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts