SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been driving my 2020 V60 in in Polestar mode the past few days just because I can...and I must say....

I like
- 1-2-3 shifts from a dead stop
- how shifting behaves when at 60mph and wanting to pass on the highway (you don't have to put it to the floor to respond)

I dislike
- how it holds gears when cruising (60mph, it won't shift into 8th...it keeps the RPMs above 2500 usually)
- how jerky downshifts are when under braking already (coming to a stop light gets jerky due to downshifts + braking)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't find any indication if there are impacts on the regular or extended warranty if the polestar update is done? I didn't think I needed it and honestly didn't want to pay for it when I got the car, but now I'm wondering ...
You should check with your dealer, but since it's a dealer installed option provided by Volvo I doubt it impacts the warranty. I bought a new 2019 S60 with it last year and the dealer has performed warranty work without any questions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am curious how you have a certified preowned model year 2020? Does that mean that somebody bought a car and only kept it for several months and traded it in?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have one also, it was a previous dealer loaner, I had them cpo it for warranty reasons.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should check with your dealer, but since it's a dealer installed option provided by Volvo I doubt it impacts the warranty. I bought a new 2019 S60 with it last year and the dealer has performed warranty work without any questions.
Volvo must be stalking me, as soon as I asked the question I got a coupon for it and said it’s fully covered under warranty.

I’m kinda tempted to add it now that the initial purchase pain is done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can't find any indication if there are impacts on the regular or extended warranty if the polestar update is done? I didn't think I needed it and honestly didn't want to pay for it when I got the car, but now I'm wondering ...
I was in a same boat but as I got a car and started driving around bone stock, I didn’t like how the transmission worked. Bit the bullet and never looked back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
- how jerky downshifts are when under braking already (coming to a stop light gets jerky due to downshifts + braking)
I made my individual a copy of the Dynamic minus the braking and engine because of that downshift/engine braking. Sometimes I just want the suspension portion for the road.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yes drive mode defaults to comfort each time you start the car
So I'm a bit confused. After the Polestar update, do you simply have another option in the Drive Mode selection that says Polestar? If you keep your car in Comfort, is that mode not upgraded with power/shifting?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The "Dynamic" option is replaced with "Polestar" mode as part of a software update sometime mid 2019 when a car has the Polestar upgrade. All we have is the marketing material for the most part. It has stated that specifically the AWD tuning enhancements are only enabled in Polestar mode, or in ESC Sport mode. It's unclear about the general engine tuning, but consensus is that shifting and power improvements are felt across the settings, and to the seat of my own pants that seems to be the case.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The "Dynamic" option is replaced with "Polestar" mode as part of a software update sometime mid 2019 when a car has the Polestar upgrade. All we have is the marketing material for the most part. It has stated that specifically the AWD tuning enhancements are only enabled in Polestar mode, or in ESC Sport mode. It's unclear about the general engine tuning, but consensus is that shifting and power improvements are felt across the settings, and to the seat of my own pants that seems to be the case.
What is ESC Sport Mode? I looked in the manual, but didn’t see much that explained it.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
What if you dont have a drive mode selector? Any1 has experience with that? I had the P* upgrade done and have no drive mode selector. There is no Polestar Engineered drive mode to select, so I would assume you dont need to select the drive mode in order to “activate” the Polestar tuning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lets talk price

I do have the 30% off code but how much are dealers charging? I got one quote for $1,700 and one for $1,500. What did you guys pay, pre-rebate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. I do have the rebate, but exclusive of that, what is the market price to get this completed by a dealer. I have received a $1,700 and a $1,500 price. What about you all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can request a coupon from Volvo via chat, they'll email a coupon to you shortly afterwards. Polestar upgrade is an accessories so you can often use the dealers 20% off accessories coupon and use the coupon to claim a rebate. I emailed all the local Volvo dealerships to see if they'll price match or apply the accessory coupon to the upgrade ($896 + labor = $1,043). See attached. I then used 30% off (up to $200) rebate for a final price of $843. View attachment 70129

Can you help me understand this? I have the 30% off code but how can I use the price match of $1,043?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you help me understand this? I have the 30% off code but how can I use the price match of $1,043?
I had the dealer apply their own 20% off accessories coupon first and did the rebate on the backend. Dealers will have their specials through out the year and I usually check all the locals ones to see if they can match other dealers. Hope this helps

61 - 74 of 74 Posts