SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have service performed on their P* at a non-Polestar dealer? I called my local dealer that does not sell the Polestar and they sounded like they never heard of the car! I realize the P* gets very little advertising in the States, but for a Volvo dealer to be unaware of their own product does not sound promising! Can any Volvo dealer service the P*? Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Not a whole lot that would be different from an S60 or V60 R design
Shock adjustments
Wheels

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
To clarify the "electronics and engine changes", it's the different Polestar software for the engine and Haldex (AWD) control, along with a larger turbo and intercooler. Otherwise the engine and AWD are the same as the S60/V60 R-Design.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've had mine in for service at a non-polestar dealer. Mo issues yet. They performed the 10k service, re-installed the rear spoiler, replaced the trim around the passenger side rear window, replaced the front seat covers, and installed a new set of PSS on the stock rims.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Any Volvo dealer can do the standard 10k/20k etc Service, but anything related to the P* specific parts can only be handled by a P* specific Service Center.
I'm pretty sure this is not the case. Any Volvo dealer can order the necessary parts, and the tech at the Polestar dealers don't get any special training.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is not the case. Any Volvo dealer can order the necessary parts, and the tech at the Polestar dealers don't get any special training.
It's definitely the case. Try going to a non-P* dealer to get a Suspension adjustment. I have. They won't do it and it was the actual dealer group that sold me the car. I had it confirmed to me by Volvo NA as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Huh, Volvo told me the opposite when I got the call to verify my order, and my local dealer told me they have no problem doing any work on the car. I guess it depends on the dealer.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Huh, Volvo told me the opposite when I got the call to verify my order, and my local dealer told me they have no problem doing any work on the car. I guess it depends on the dealer.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
I was told the exact same through the entire purchase process and then when I went in to get my first Suspension adjustment, that's when I was told otherwise. I complained to Volvo NA and they confirmed that only Authorized P* dealers can perform work on P* cars when it comes to P* specific part. Normal maintenance can be handled by any dealer. I was very pissed off about it at the time.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got mislead on that but you found a better Volvo service shop as a result. ;-)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got mislead on that but you found a better Volvo service shop as a result. ;-)
Definitely found a much better dealer to work with as a result.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
I'm in the position of not having a "trustworthy" dealer to go to. So, I use the same Independent shop I've been taking all my Volvos to for the past 10 years. The last visit, I asked him to install any updates that had been released. No problem.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I'm in the position of not having a "trustworthy" dealer to go to. So, I use the same Independent shop I've been taking all my Volvos to for the past 10 years. The last visit, I asked him to install any updates that had been released. No problem.
At least you bought from a good dealer. Glad to hook you up. :)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
That sucks. This is definitely something I would be having a conversation with Volvo NA about as you have multiple vehicles that you are paying for services that should be free. Also, how does your indy get access to the software updates?

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
Also, how does your indy get access to the software updates?
Interesting story... I asked him about that. He called the Volvo Area Manager for assistance. After he had the car hooked up, he was directed to a Volvo factory site (in Gothenberg). The site verified the identity of the Polestar and proceeded to download the updates directly to the car... all with no intervention from my Indy.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Interesting story... I asked him about that. He called the Volvo Area Manager for assistance. After he had the car hooked up, he was directed to a Volvo factory site (in Gothenberg). The site verified the identity of the Polestar and proceeded to download the updates directly to the car... all with no intervention from my Indy.
That's pretty cool. I didn't think Volvo would be so willing to work with an Indy. Good to hear that they are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts