SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to transfer polestar to a different C70? In other words, if I get it on this C70, then decide to trade it in on a newer C70, can I take it from my old car to the new one?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Information we received when we bought the Polestar upgrade stated that it is not transferable to any other vehicle.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Information we received when we bought the Polestar upgrade stated that it is not transferable to any other vehicle.
What if the 'brain' holding the information got swapped to another C70? Not sure what piece of hardware that is, but 'something' contains the software that makes Polestar Polestar, yes? Just thinking about salvaging what could be salvaged out of a de-commissioned C70 or other Polestar enhanced vehicle. Hmmmm....?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's probably like "Raiders of the Lost Ark". If you try to take it out, all hell breaks loose and you'll be running for you life.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's probably like "Raiders of the Lost Ark". If you try to take it out, all hell breaks loose and you'll be running for you life.

+1.

·
Registered
760 Posts
What is the cost of Polestar for a C70?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
What if the 'brain' holding the information got swapped to another C70? Not sure what piece of hardware that is, but 'something' contains the software that makes Polestar Polestar, yes? Just thinking about salvaging what could be salvaged out of a de-commissioned C70 or other Polestar enhanced vehicle. Hmmmm....?
What does NO mean to you?
The answer is NO!
(I paid about $690 installed)! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
What does NO mean to you?
The answer is NO!
(I paid about $690 installed)! :thumbup:
how'd you get it $690 installed. love to jump on that deal.

i got a coupon for $100 from volvo, and a $20 off from my dealer. that's better than nothing but still a long ways off from $690...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
how'd you get it $690 installed. love to jump on that deal.

i got a coupon for $100 from volvo, and a $20 off from my dealer. that's better than nothing but still a long ways off from $690...
Dealer cost + 10%
Labor, 20 bucks handed to a tech to "install it"

Cost is $610-620, I forget which, but you should use that as a negotiation start point.
Dealer does not have to stock anything so they have no real cost. All it is is software.

I would think if you push a dealer and explain it to them that way, they might be more responsive, any sale is better than no sale at all.
Make $60-70 or nothing. I don't see why most dealers wouldn't work with you.
I always find their mentality is to spite their own noses to spite their face and I never understand why, especially in a case like this where they're not purchasing or stocking a part.

(However, I doubt you will get an essentially free install unless you have a relationship with your service manager. It's not 5 minutes like some software is, it's a real 15-20 minute install)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Dealer cost + 10%
Labor, 20 bucks handed to a tech to "install it"

Cost is $610-620, I forget which, but you should use that as a negotiation start point.
Dealer does not have to stock anything so they have no real cost. All it is is software.

I would think if you push a dealer and explain it to them that way, they might be more responsive, any sale is better than no sale at all.
Make $60-70 or nothing. I don't see why most dealers wouldn't work with you.
I always find their mentality is to spite their own noses to spite their face and I never understand why, especially in a case like this where they're not purchasing or stocking a part.

(However, I doubt you will get an essentially free install unless you have a relationship with your service manager. It's not 5 minutes like some software is, it's a real 15-20 minute install)
that's awesome. don't have a friend at the local dealership but i guess when the time comes (money saved up and committed to a tune), it doesn't hurt to walk into the dealership to ask.
at $700 it's about the same as aftermarket tunes so i'd definitely go polestar.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
IF the markup is what has been posted AND it only takes $50 worth of labor as posted, I'm extremely surprised some of us haven't received a holiday phone call offering a $995 'special' or some such.

·
Registered
649 Posts
As I posted some time ago in another thread, I got my Polestar install down to about $800 after various rebates and discounts. And yes, labor charged was 20 minutes (1/3 of an hour).

While $1295 for the C70 T5 is the MSRP, there is at least one dealer in the Boston area that was offering $200 off ($1095). Plus, as discussed in other threads (search is your friend...) you can call Volvo and get a $100-$150 rebate coupon, and if you are a new owner there is another rebate you can use. I was able to get at least two rebates on mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts