SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They still have two years to tweak it. But seems it is almost ready. It is tagged 2024? Maybe produced by end of 2024 as MY2025. P*4 should be coming before it as MY2024.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the spy shot of P*4 was indeed true?

It is lower than a crossover though, more like Volvo V/C20 shape, and smaller than P*2.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think Polestar will make a wagon. P*2 sedan sells slowly. P*5 sedan will be halo car. There is no market for a wagon. A crossover-like P*4 could be possible, like the planned Volvo sibling model in XC60 size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh man, so the V60 T8 might be as good as it gets? That would be a sad day. Might actually make me hold onto my V60 (T5) longer.

Audi is apparently making a fully electric A6 wagon (i think that’s the model, may be a RS6 instead). Would really like to see Volvo do something similar.

·
Registered
2004 V70R (Titanium Grey/Nord) / 2016 XC90 T6
257 Posts
I think there is a market for a wagon, Not sure about over seas... but Id trade in the XC90 in a heartbeat for a P Wagon. I think a lot of people would. Hell even Porsche has an electric wagon...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I think there is a market for a wagon, Not sure about over seas... but Id trade in the XC90 in a heartbeat for a P Wagon. I think a lot of people would. Hell even Porsche has an electric wagon...
I think 5x Volvo EVs will generally have the stance of V/CC (“don’t underestimate the wagon” - prior CEO). Think 90, 70, 60, 40, 20. There will also be an S, but maybe not for NA. Same thought for 20.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 MOM
84 Posts
I think what will happen is Volvo will keep producing the V60 wagon for the US market and slowly draw out the V90 or at least keep it at manufacturer order only. I highly doubt Polestar will ever produce a wagon after all they are going after Porsche as a bench line competition and plan on being bigger than them. Take a look at their time plan below, interesting to see how they only compare their models to other Porsches.

Automotive tire Font Automotive design Material property Screenshot

I believe that Polestar will stick to Sedans, Crossovers, and SUV types of styling while Volvo will still keep the V60 on the road whilst eventually electrifying it and that will be the only type of Wagon you can acquire under the Geely - Volvo and Polestar division. I'm sure in the future we will have Chinese manufacturers introduce some type of Wagon into the market, priced cheaper than your original Wagons that are currently out (Volvo, Audi, etc.)

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Chinese car brands will not come to America due to the unpredictable bumps in trading relationship between the two countries.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Newswire Polestar 5
That picture says on the instrument display: power steering failure, stop safely

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Polestar 5 - which is currently on display in packaged form during the Goodwood Festival of Speed - will get an 884 hp and 900 Nm powertrain with two electric motors and an 800V on-board system.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ah, will be too expensive. What about half the power, half the price?
A GT version at $150k would be fine but $80k to 100k is the price range to sell with some volume.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 MOM
84 Posts
Ah, will be too expensive. What about half the power, half the price?
A GT version at $150k would be fine but $80k to 100k is the price range to sell with some volume.
Agreed however when your top competitor on the Polestar 5 is a Porsche Panamera which starts at around 92,400k I highly doubt they will have a weaker variant version of the 5 that will be cheap enough for the general public.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Don't understand this sort of power. It's insane. It may be more for bragging rights unless you absolutely take the Ohlins versions on the track.
When is a car too powerful? When is a car too heavy? The point here is that electric cars always get compared to ICE cars. We are all used to answer these questions regarding to ICE cars. But this is a complete different technology. Had cars been electric from the beginning, nobody would complain about them being too heavy or too powerful. It would just be normal.

No matter how large a fuel tank is on an ICE cars, you can get more power out of the engine. The engine is the limit. On electric cars, a larger battery doesn't only lead to a longer range, the power can also be recalled at once, resulting in insane power. It's easy to construct electric cars with such an amount of power, therefore they are being constructed.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But the huge horsepower EV makes them think price can be huge high too. This is the sad part for buyers.

Hope they now focus more on sale volume and revenue, after listed as PSNY now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Don't understand this sort of power. It's insane.
It is more the outcome of a good electric drivetrain. An EV has no transmission because an electric motor can handle high speeds. Power = torque x rpm, and because you need torque, you simply end up with a lot of power.

In practice, you have little use for that amount of power. Theoretically, the P*5 could drive more than 200 m/h, but the battery is probably empty before that.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is more the outcome of a good electric drivetrain. An EV has no transmission because an electric motor can handle high speeds. Power = torque x rpm, and because you need torque, you simply end up with a lot of power.

In practice, you have little use for that amount of power. Theoretically, the P*5 could drive more than 200 m/h, but the battery is probably empty before that.
It only takes less than a minute to reach 200mph. Battery will not be empty by then. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts