SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polestar Optimization - Drive Modes

Hello,

New post with a new username. I used to have a C70 and recently (last week) picked up a beautiful XC60 T8.

I used the search function and could not find the answer I was looking for.

Does the Polestar optimization affect all drive modes?

Do you see improvements for shifting and acceleration while in Hybrid Mode?

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think there's a clear answer on this from Polestar, but people who have had the upgrade (including myself) feel that's it's smoother in all drive modes afterwards. Though the one second delay between hitting the pedal and getting some acceleration is still present. I imagine that must be down to the drivetrain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked up a CPO T6 XC60 with the Polestar optimized package, and I can't find any info about specific gains either. Never drove the car prior to it having it so I don't have any kind of before and after comparison.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Long time reader, but new member-

I too was interested in Polestar Optimization but couldn't find out for sure if other drive modes were affected besides what was "dynamic" mode. I received a $300 off coupon from Volvo so I did more research. I called Volvo of America and asked them.
The person I spoke with didnt know but she said she would find out. Three days later she contacted me and said it also affects comfort mode. I had it done and can say it certainly does. It makes it much "tighter" for want of a better word. I also find that "Polestar" mode is much preferable to what "Dynamic" used to be, more guts, and better shift points.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Will depend what yr ur T8 is...my 2019 T8 can't get the Polestar optimization done. I almost bought a T6 and I had the polestar added (deal feel thru) and yes it seemed to make everything a bit smoother. Its nothing drastic, but adds to the driver experience. The big benefit of the Polestar, it doesnt void the warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts