SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Looking for thoughts on this dealer program update for the T5 awd engine and transmission of the new v60 or V60CC. Has anyone had this update performed at the dealership? Any thoughts regarding the improvements in acceleration and transmission shifting? Any effect on fuel economy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Regarding gas mileage, I purchased my 2019 S60 T5 with the Polestar upgrade from the factory and since it wasn't done at the dealer i can't say anything about the dealer upgrade experience or the impact on gas mileage on this car. However I . turned in a 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar (using the Lease Pull Forward program) and I'm getting the same gas mileage with Polestar as i got without it.

Before purchasing, I test drove 2 S60s and 2 XC60s, each model both with and without Polestar, and as said above previously leased an 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar. I have my driver profile set up in Individual Mode with ECO and occasionally use Polestar Engineered mode (which was called Dynamic mode before the latest software update). My experience is that the Polestar upgrade improves mid-range power - there's better acceleration with Polestar once you're already moving. I don't notice better acceleration when starting from standing still.

I suggest you ask your dealer if you can test drive the same modle you have but with Polestar so you can determine if the difference in acceleration is worth it to you. My test drive convinced me it was worth it but, IMO, it's a personal choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Regarding gas mileage, I purchased my 2019 S60 T5 with the Polestar upgrade from the factory and since it wasn't done at the dealer i can't say anything about the dealer upgrade experience or the impact on gas mileage on this car. However I . turned in a 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar (using the Lease Pull Forward program) and I'm getting the same gas mileage with Polestar as i got without it.

Before purchasing, I test drove 2 S60s and 2 XC60s, each model both with and without Polestar, and as said above previously leased an 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar. I have my driver profile set up in Individual Mode with ECO and occasionally use Polestar Engineered mode (which was called Dynamic mode before the latest software update). My experience is that the Polestar upgrade improves mid-range power - there's better acceleration with Polestar once you're already moving. I don't notice better acceleration when starting from standing still.

I suggest you ask your dealer if you can test drive the same modle you have but with Polestar so you can determine if the difference in acceleration is worth it to you. My test drive convinced me it was worth it but, IMO, it's a personal choice.
Thanks for your thoughts. I’ve been considering the polestar optimization on my T5, but was having trouble finding user reviews of the effects. Good info!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the Polestar upgrade through the dealer on my 19' S60 T5, after test driving a T5 with and without the upgrade. The torque is the major winner here and as stated previously, your going to notice much better passing speed with it imo.

I mostly use it jumping on the interstate and getting the pick up to flow into traffic. Now as far as the experience with the dealer; it took a out 45mins to an hour for them to install it and test it. You should get a week to use it and decide if you want to keep it, otherwise they will allow you to have it uninstalled and your money refunded.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I had the Polestar upgrade through the dealer on my 19' S60 T5, after test driving a T5 with and without the upgrade. The torque is the major winner here and as stated previously, your going to notice much better passing speed with it imo.

I mostly use it jumping on the interstate and getting the pick up to flow into traffic. Now as far as the experience with the dealer; it took a out 45mins to an hour for them to install it and test it. You should get a week to use it and decide if you want to keep it, otherwise they will allow you to have it uninstalled and your money refunded.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That’s nice that the dealership allows for that.

·
Registered
667 Posts

So are you saying that with the new software, you have drive modes Eco, Comfort, Dynamic, Off-Road, and "Polestar Engineered"?

I see the following blurb at the Volvo configurator website for the V60 Cross Country; is the above conjecture what they mean by "add our optional drive mode selector"? In other words, do they mean "selection" or "selection option" instead of "selector"? The way that it's worded, it sounds like there's a new physical drive-mode selector button/dial.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 9.07.50 PM.jpg

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
So are you saying that with the new software, you have drive modes Eco, Comfort, Dynamic, Off-Road, and "Polestar Engineered"?

I see the following blurb at the Volvo configurator website for the V60 Cross Country; is the above conjecture what they mean by "add our optional drive mode selector"? In other words, do they mean "selection" or "selection option" instead of "selector"? The way that it's worded, it sounds like there's a new physical drive-mode selector button/dial.

View attachment 57987
If you go with the option you will have one more option to select in the selection menu that every car has.

·
Registered
332 Posts

View attachment 57987
No new button (selector), polestar replaces dynamic in the drive mode selection menu.
I don't have CC so no off road for me View attachment 57991

1 - 9 of 9 Posts