SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to order polestar bits? In particular I'd be interested in finding a P* turbo and intercooler. Does anyone know a good place to look for these parts new or lightly used?

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The P* turbo and intercooler are not offered for sale. Viva sells their own intercooler though as well as a DP.
I'd be surprised if they didn't have them at some of the online OEM parts supplier warehouses if we had a part number for them, at least that's how it was within the VW community when literally every factory hotrod part was available as a replacement part if you knew where to loobok.

Thanks for the viva suggestion...I've been eyeing their dp and IC for a while now. Looking forward to the modified version of the IC to come out, the one that's supposed to play nice with the radar proximity thingamabobs in my bumper/ grille area. Also looking for some additional how-to info and user testimonials to come out before springing for that rather spendy downpipe (that, and trying to keep the missus happy before spending giant sums of money on speed parts...).

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'd be surprised if they didn't have them at some of the online OEM parts supplier warehouses if we had a part number for them, at least that's how it was within the VW community when literally every factory hotrod part was available as a replacement part if you knew where to loobok.

Thanks for the viva suggestion...I've been eyeing their dp and IC for a while now. Looking forward to the modified version of the IC to come out, the one that's supposed to play nice with the radar proximity thingamabobs in my bumper/ grille area. Also looking for some additional how-to info and user testimonials to come out before springing for that rather spendy downpipe (that, and trying to keep the missus happy before spending giant sums of money on speed parts...).
I believe in order to get P* parts you need a P* VIN. I know someone on here found a dealer willing to order them even though they didnt own the car. Im sure you can too. Look any car up on Cars.com and call around. Im sure a dealer will be willing to sell you them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good news! Removal of the old downpipe IS possible on the XC60 as a DIY without removal of the angle gear or any other mechanical components. Will put together a write up in the next couple of days with recommended tools, lessons learned, etc.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe in order to get P* parts you need a P* VIN. I know someone on here found a dealer willing to order them even though they didnt own the car. Im sure you can too. Look any car up on Cars.com and call around. Im sure a dealer will be willing to sell you them.
Great suggestion, thank you.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Viva doesn't seem to be selling the Genuine Polestar Gear Knob with the new Slanted Polestar symbol (they offer the gear shifter for the real Polestar model but not the one I am looking for). I asked VIVA but they haven't responded. Does anyone know the price or availability on that in the US?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Viva doesn't seem to be selling the Genuine Polestar Gear Knob with the new Slanted Polestar symbol (they offer the gear shifter for the real Polestar model but not the one I am looking for). I asked VIVA but they haven't responded. Does anyone know the price or availability on that in the US?
The new one with the Slanted logo is on Backorder with no ETA at the moment when I asked the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The new one with the Slanted logo is on Backorder with no ETA at the moment when I asked the dealer.
Thanks for the response. Seems like it would be easy to pump out a ton of those. I bought my car used and the piano black was scratched up, so I was hoping to replace it with that Polestar Shifter. Makes me wonder if they will ever come out, especially with the new SPA 60-Series platform coming out this coming year.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hello,

I do not see an email from you. Could you resend? [email protected] Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts