SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 S60 P* is due for service (under 4,500 miles).
Since this isn't your typical Volvo and this will be my first service, I was wondering if anyone here has any dealer recommendations in New Jersey for service. (Feel free to PM if you prefer not to post for any reason).

For now I made a placeholder service appointment with the dealer where I bought it (CPO), but the earliest was 3 1/2 weeks out...Before I call around to look for an earlier appointment, I figured I would check here since there are lots of owners and they usually have very helpful recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot Volvo CPA!

Just trying to confirm something, when I made the appointment, I told them I was getting the 'maintenance / service required' dashboard notification in the car but that the car has just under 4,500 miles; they said it may be due to time. not mileage (I believe it is ~ 9 months since original 'in service' date). Does that sound correct / make sense? (As mentioned this is my first service with this car).
I see the appointment email reminder I just received says '10,000 mile factory maintenance services'.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Thanks a lot Volvo CPA!

Just trying to confirm something, when I made the appointment, I told them I was getting the 'maintenance / service required' dashboard notification in the car but that the car has just under 4,500 miles; they said it may be due to time. not mileage (I believe it is ~ 9 months since original 'in service' date). Does that sound correct / make sense? (As mentioned this is my first service with this car).
I see the appointment email reminder I just received says '10,000 mile factory maintenance services'.
You can take your car to any Volvo dealer for service. The timing for services is the earlier of 10k miles or one year so it may be one year since the car was manufactured. I think when the car is PDI'd whomever is doing that work is supposed to reset the service reminder. You should call the dealer that you choose to have service done at and ask them if you should bring it back in three months, when you will be at 12 months since the in service date. You can reset the service reminder yourself. There are instructions on youtube.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 2018 S60 P* is due for service (under 4,500 miles).
Since this isn't your typical Volvo and this will be my first service, I was wondering if anyone here has any dealer recommendations in New Jersey for service. (Feel free to PM if you prefer not to post for any reason).

For now I made a placeholder service appointment with the dealer where I bought it (CPO), but the earliest was 3 1/2 weeks out...Before I call around to look for an earlier appointment, I figured I would check here since there are lots of owners and they usually have very helpful recommendations.

Thanks!
As was previously noted, you can take it to any Volvo dealer. However, Prestige and Smythe are the two Volvo dealers in NJ that sold Polestar cars. So, chances are their techs may have serviced more Polestars cars than other Volvo dealers in the state.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I use Prestige also, but I would have zero hesitation with service at Smythe. Smythe’s new facility is amazing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot Volvo CPA!

Yes, scheduled maintenance is either distance or time based.
Thanks George.

So given my first scheduled maintenance will be around 5,000 miles (my service appointment is within a week), would the second scheduled maintenance still be at 10,000 miles or now only at 15,000 miles or 20,000 miles?
(The question assumes I put enough mileage on it before the next time-based maintenance kicks in).

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
The service schedule is the earlier of 10k miles elapsed or 1 year since the prior service. So if your first service was 5k miles or one year then the next one would be at the earlier of 15k miles or one year since the last service.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The service schedule is the earlier of 10k miles elapsed or 1 year since the prior service. So if your first service was 5k miles or one year then the next one would be at the earlier of 15k miles or one year since the last service.
Perfect, thanks a lot Wayne.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts