SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re taking delivery of our new 2019 XC90 Inscription tonight! We are super excited.

However, we did what everyone suggested NOT to do — we purchased the car with Polestar installed. We won’t be able to compare before/after but instead will have to rely on comparison to our memory of the non-Polestar test drives.

How can we verify that Polestar is actually installed? Yes, we can look at the badge on the back, but conceivably there could be a badge but no software. Is there a “tell” in the handling or in Sensus that it is installed?

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
You can call Volvo to verify the car is registered in their Polestar database.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
put it in Dynamic mode and notice if it holds the gears in the upper rev area...this is a rough way to tell but pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will get official certificate from Polestar in the mail. It's usually takes 2-3 weeks since installation.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
You have to register with Polestar by submitting your VIN #. Atleast that was the case when I registered my V90CC last july. Once the registration is done (meaning they verify your Vehicle indeed has the Polestar tune), they send out a goody box with your authentication certificate.

EDIT: Tried finding the Polestar weblink when I had registered and I'm not able to find it. Probably the Dealership does the product registration now. Contact Volvo and/or Polestar as mentioned above by others to check if your Vehicle has it. Also your certificate of authenticity should be on it's way, if your Dealership has registered the product.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn’t know about the certificate, thanks.

However, I was hoping to be able to confirm it’s installed through some actual distinct behavior of the car — like the suggestion above that it holds gears at high revs in Dynamic mode. Any other suggestions like that?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
However, I was hoping to be able to confirm it’s installed through some actual distinct behavior of the car — like the suggestion above that it holds gears at high revs in Dynamic mode. Any other suggestions like that?
You can only tell about Polestar if you have something else to compare it to. If you have driven a non-polestar'd XC90 and now you're driving one with the tune, you will be able to tell the difference. Otherwise, if you've been always used to the tuned XC90, it might be difficult until you get a loaner without the Polestar.

Selecting the dynamic mode immediately drops a gear and the throttle becomes feather-touch. I'm unsure, however, if this is a Polestar characteristic or the Volvo dynamic-mode characteristic.

·
Registered
332 Posts
dynamic is aggressive even in non p* cars, without driving them often with and without, im not sure someone taking delivery of a new car would know. vin number through vida will show all things your car came with from factory including p*. pm me if you know your vin

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Accelerating from 20mpg to 50mpg on a ramp, for example, should be faster/easier/smoother on P* tuned car. But comparison is needed to make sure.

·
Registered
174 Posts
We’re taking delivery of our new 2019 XC90 Inscription tonight! We are super excited.

However, we did what everyone suggested NOT to do — we purchased the car with Polestar installed. We won’t be able to compare before/after but instead will have to rely on comparison to our memory of the non-Polestar test drives.

How can we verify that Polestar is actually installed? Yes, we can look at the badge on the back, but conceivably there could be a badge but no software. Is there a “tell” in the handling or in Sensus that it is installed?
Best way to tell without VIDA is the rev hanging in DYNAMIC mode.

You can only "officially" tell if the software is installed by using the VIDA software. As others have said, you should receive a certificate by mail confirming your VIN too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts