SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone maby can tell me if the polestar cars uses the same emblem for the grille
as the trunk?

Also if the grille emblem uses an backing plate or if its just adhesive on the backside and is pressed on to the grille?

Hope you can help me out..

Thanks
Nicklas

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was hoping someone maby can tell me if the polestar cars uses the same emblem for the grille
as the trunk?

Also if the grille emblem uses an backing plate or if its just adhesive on the backside and is pressed on to the grille?

Thanks
Nicklas
The trunk grill is larger than the grill badge.

Both badges use an adhesive backing.
The front grill badge has two locating lugs on the back of it.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
as the trunk?

Thanks
Nicklas
The front badge is the front grill badge
The one behind is the trunk badge

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! Thank you very much the info & picture.

Do you perhaps know the part# of the grille emblem?

Also if its possible for you to take a picture of the 2 lugs on the backside.

Thanks
Nicklas

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great! Thank you very much the info & picture.

Do you perhaps know the part# of the grille emblem?

Also if its possible for you to take a picture of the 2 lugs on the backside.

Thanks
Nicklas
Why do you need to see a picture of the two lugs?
They are used to mount the badge in the correct orientation onto the grill bracket.
If you already have the bracket then it will fit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I will customize it so it will fit a grille from 2011 V60 t6. So it would be great if you know the part number for the emblem and a pic of backside. See link:https://www.garaget.org/?car=402032
You do realise the polestar badge bracket cannot be purchased separately??

Why don't you just buy a Polestar grill? it comes with the badge bracket and may also come with the badge

·
Registered
195 Posts
as the trunk?

Thanks
Nicklas
Check out the "What did you do with your car thread over in the S60/V60 forum. There is a thread there #2631 of how another member manufactured a bracket to install a Polestar badge to the front grille of a non-polestar vehicle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you, i did see that.. Maby this is the only way to get myself a emblem in the grille if they cant be sold separatly without the grille..

BUT, if anyone has a correct grille emblem with bracket.. i want to buy it.. i have paypal.

I was able to check how the emblem was mounted on the grille.. when i was out and testdrove this 2017 v60 today, for sale:

https://www.blocket.se/uppsala/Volvo_V60_V60_AWD_Polestar_72662100.htm?ca=11&w=3

Thanks
Nicklas

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
can anybody tell me where i get this polestar grill?????
The grille in the picture you quoted isn't a P* grille, but rather an S/V60 CC grille that looks to have been painted gloss black. For some reason, Volvo used the honeycomb design on the CC grilles even though the lower grille doesn't match. It is, however, a perfect match for the P* lower grille and, therefore, a great little mod!

·
Registered
46 Posts
The grille in the picture you quoted isn't a P* grille, but rather an S/V60 CC grille that looks to have been painted gloss black. For some reason, Volvo used the honeycomb design on the CC grilles even though the lower grille doesn't match. It is, however, a perfect match for the P* lower grille and, therefore, a great little mod!
Thanks for your information, i agree with you that this honeycomb grill fits better to the lower grille and so i am wondering why it isnt used by Polestar. But do you think there are more adaptions to do or just the gloss painting?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wouldn't paint the CC grille with gloss black as the paint will just fleck off over time. As for where to buy the front badge, you can get them on ebay or wish - There is a vendor out of China. Just go with the biggest front badge as there are two smaller sizes listed that don't look right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2020 S60 T6 Inscription with Polestar and I only have the badge on the trunk, not the front grille. The Inscription grill is slightly concave, perhaps that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a 2020 S60 T6 Inscription with Polestar and I only have the badge on the trunk, not the front grille. The Inscription grill is slightly concave, perhaps that has something to do with it.
Grill badge is only for Polestar Engineered cars. Vehicles that get the Polestar tune only get a rear badge.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So can anybody explain how it works to do the frontgrill modification (Replace the Frontgrill with the CC Grill and Pbadge) with numbers and where you can get the parts?

Grill badge is only for Polestar Engineered cars. Vehicles that get the Polestar tune only get a rear badge.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So can anybody explain how it works to do the frontgrill modification (Replace the Frontgrill with the CC Grill and Pbadge) with numbers and where you can get the parts?
Hey Gustav,

Are you asking what the PN is for the grille? There isn't a PN associated with the P* grille badge as far as I know. The vendor who sells knockoffs had a couple listed on ebay but it looks like they have disappeared (maybe due to running out of stock or Polestar chasing after them-assume you saw the other thread where they harassed a member here with a legitimate badge kit for sale).

As for mounting the Polestar badge on the CC grille, it looks like members have fabbed a custom bracket for it. The grille attaches with (14) or so tabs that can be carefully pushed in and released with popsicle sticks or a plastic trim removal tool (wedge).

https://accessories.volvocars.com/InstallationInstruction/Document/VCC-413452-1/en-ca/S60(11-)/2012 <---- starting at Step 48

1 - 18 of 18 Posts