SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got my car's first (10k) service last weekend, and when I happened to be tinkering in drive modes I noted that since the service update, Dynamic Mode seems to have been replaced with Polestar Engineered!

I had Polestar installed when I picked up my car on OSD in September, and I got the box and the fancy badge on the back, but this is the first time I have seen this new Polestar related call out show up in drive mode. Wondering if it is something new with this update, or if I have been driving around thinking I had Polestar for months without it really being installed?

Is this just re-brand of the dynamic mode, or have there been some additional tweaks made?

Thanks in advance for any light y'all can shed.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
This is to trick you to use that magic driving mode more often! :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
So just got my car's first (10k) service last weekend, and when I happened to be tinkering in drive modes I noted that since the service update, Dynamic Mode seems to have been replaced with Polestar Engineered!

I had Polestar installed when I picked up my car on OSD in September, and I got the box and the fancy badge on the back, but this is the first time I have seen this new Polestar related call out show up in drive mode. Wondering if it is something new with this update, or if I have been driving around thinking I had Polestar for months without it really being installed?

Is this just re-brand of the dynamic mode, or have there been some additional tweaks made?

Thanks in advance for any light y'all can shed.
Yes, that is the new look for any car upgraded with Polestar optimization but I thought it was only available for MY20s and not be able to retrofit that to any prior model year.

What year is your car? Additionally, when you choose Polestar Engineered mode (old Dynamic) does the tach and speedo hue change to Polestar Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Somebody please post some pics!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
According to the signature, a 2019.
I am on Tapatalk and it didn’t show his signature

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that is the new look for any car upgraded with Polestar optimization but I thought it was only available for MY20s and not be able to retrofit that to any prior model year.

What year is your car? Additionally, when you choose Polestar Engineered mode (old Dynamic) does the tach and speedo hue change to Polestar Blue?

Hi there, I have a 2019 T-6. Didn't notice if the displays changed color, so perhaps not. I will check on my next sojourn out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
At least there is now a way to conform Polestar is installed. Perhaps 'Polestar Engineered' will replace 'Dynamic' for all equipped XC90s, and the new blue theme Grecian alludes to is for the 2020s?

·
Registered
309 Posts
At least there is now a way to conform Polestar is installed. Perhaps 'Polestar Engineered' will replace 'Dynamic' for all equipped XC90s, and the new blue theme Grecian alludes to is for the 2020s?
Ugh - With all the software update "mishaps" I've had - like.. installing the s90 road run off update.. to my xc90 (Invoice gave s90 part numbers..) .. and noticing the missing new green "A" from the latest update on my 2017 V90.. I've always wondered if Polestar was really ever installed on my cars... - BUT, with May update - my 2017 V90 w/Polestar - a NEW driving mode did come up.. (Haven't taken 17' XC90 in yet) - Does the May update include all previous updates too?

IMG_20190531_232634.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just got my car back from the dealer...and had the upgrade. In the 3 minute ride I had from the dealer to work, seemed way more aggressive and loud, but that could be all in my head...my loaner was an XC90.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

Just got my car back from the dealer...and had the upgrade. In the 3 minute ride I had from the dealer to work, seemed way more aggressive and loud, but that could be all in my head...my loaner was an XC90.
With the latest software version, the acceleration becomes linearly stronger 2 secs after pushing on the accelerator...I figure gears 3-5 shine with this upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Loving the Polestar tune on mine. My only add on wish is that it should offer a unique dash display beyond the "Polestar" driving mode display, possibly a Polestar blue theme to really set it apart from non-Polestar vehicles.

----
2019 R Design

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Sorry, what do you mean with this? Does it takes 2 sec to start accelerating? What is "linearly stronger"?
new term for butt dyno....has no relation to actual numbers.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Sorry, what do you mean with this? Does it takes 2 sec to start accelerating? What is "linearly stronger"?
No, the acceleration is strong from the get-go, it just feels even stronger in those gears as you keep the accelerator down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2019 T6 was in the shop today to get it's first maintenance done. Something happened when they were trying to update the software, so my car ended up being at the shop all day.

I also purchased Polestar and got the kit with the badge. It seems that the car behaves differently, but in the drive mode it still says DYNAMIC.
Could it be that the SW update is still missing (i.e. running pre May 2019 SW), but they enabled Polestar? How do I know which SW it has and has Polestar really been enabled?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Loving the Polestar tune on mine. My only add on wish is that it should offer a unique dash display beyond the "Polestar" driving mode display, possibly a Polestar blue theme to really set it apart from non-Polestar vehicles.

----
2019 R Design
100% agree with this. The way it is now, it's a bit underwhelming. I thought one of the advantages of using digital gauge clusters was the ability to easily change design/layout based on driving modes/settings.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts