SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the P* upgrade installed on my 2018 V90 CC. Nice difference in performance. However when I picked up the car there was no blue P* badge on the car. I asked about it and the service advisor said I needed to register online with Polestar and they would mail me the badges. So, I created an account on https://my.polestar.com/wp/wp-login.php and saw no way to request the badges.

Then I sent a message through the Contact Us page asking how to request the badges and have not received a response. Then I emailed them asking the same question. Nothing. Is this how I am supposed to get the badges? I assumed the dealer would install them. This doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Once you register they will mail you a welcome pack.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kartboy1234, thanks. So I should just trust that they will do that? Any idea how long it takes?
It's not very comforting that they won't even reply to my messages given the cost of P*.

·
Registered
369 Posts
kartboy1234, thanks. So I should just trust that they will do that? Any idea how long it takes?
It's not very comforting that they won't even reply to my messages given the cost of P*.
Yea, if you have confirmation that you registered then they should do it. It may take two weeks or so. When did you message them? Also the cost of polestar is all up to the dealers, so they don't set it at all. But they should at least respond.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I registered on September 19th, the day after P* was installed.
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks then. Maybe give it an extra week from tomorrow and see if it comes in.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
I recently had the P* upgrade installed on my 2018 V90 CC. Nice difference in performance. However when I picked up the car there was no blue P* badge on the car. I asked about it and the service advisor said I needed to register online with Polestar and they would mail me the badges. So, I created an account on https://my.polestar.com/wp/wp-login.php and saw no way to request the badges.

Then I sent a message through the Contact Us page asking how to request the badges and have not received a response. Then I emailed them asking the same question. Nothing. Is this how I am supposed to get the badges? I assumed the dealer would install them. This doesn't seem right to me.
Did it ask you for your VIN when registering the product on Polestar's website? The weblink you have mentioned above is for creating an account but is it also for registering your Vehicle with Polestar? If it is, then maybe you will receive a package from them shortly.

I remember reading it a while back on Swedespeed that Polestar has done away with the registering process on their website. Back when I did it, I had to punch in my VIN and register my vehicle with them and they sent out a Certificate of Authenticity for my Vehicle. The Badge was NOT included in the mail I received from Polestar. The badge was put on by my Dealership.

See this: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?604475-Polestar-Upgrade-No-Registration-Anymore&highlight=polestar+registration

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Volvolic, when I registered, no VIN was required. When I contacted them through their website, I was required to enter my VIN, but I did not receive any confirmation or reply. I know it sounds a little petty but I want that badge to identify that P* is installed. Thanks for the link to the other thread. I may need to go back to the dealer and have them get me a badge. I hope they can.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
Volvolic, when I registered, no VIN was required. When I contacted them through their website, I was required to enter my VIN, but I did not receive any confirmation or reply. I know it sounds a little petty but I want that badge to identify that P* is installed. Thanks for the link to the other thread. I may need to go back to the dealer and have them get me a badge. I hope they can.
Yup. Reading your post, I bet they don't register it anymore. They asking your VIN was rather to identify your car and not to register it with them. Also, I don't think they provide you with a certificate of authenticity as well (the attached thread talks about this).

You can easily buy the (better, lol) Blue badge online for cheap and have it put on besides the T6/AWD badge.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In Canada I got the blue badge applied by the dealer.

I registered online with VIN and got the package some weeks later in a nice box with a keychain and a printed report of engine/transmission mapping changes and a certificate, but no blue badge.

This was late 2017.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
In Canada I got the blue badge applied by the dealer.

I registered online with VIN and got the package some weeks later in a nice box with a keychain and a printed report of engine/transmission mapping changes and a certificate, but no blue badge.

This was late 2017.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I got my car in 2017 and the welcome pack I received with polestar came with the badge, certificate, and keychain

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
The welcome pack is now given by installing dealer. No registration is available any more. And yes the badge is white since the end of last year. I had a hard time understand it in March when I was trying to get a proof of the installation of P* where all I read is to register and wait. The gift is now laser engraved aluminum photo of a Volvo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
We had the P* tune done during our OSD delivery and didn’t receive a welcome pack. We did have the badge (white) put on, though. Is there anything special in the welcome pack we missed out on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
My badge came as part of the welcome pack, not installed by the dealer. (I put it on the rubbery soundproofing layer atop the engine, since my V90 is completely debadged.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I registered my polestar I got the welcome certificate in the mail but no badges. I ended up ordering the badges off ebay. I have one on the rear and one that I mounted to the front grill. It would have been nice for Volvo to have installed them at the dealer or at least included them in the welcome kit. Mine is a 2017 V90 CC.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
I got my car in 2017 and the welcome pack I received with polestar came with the badge, certificate, and keychain

Dang! I got mine in July 2018 and they only mailed me the certificate and some brochures & stuff, if I remember correctly. Definitely no Badge and Keychain.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The dealer should provide you the welcome pack and attach the badge on the car at the time of the upload. If they did not, then they are shady or incompetent, especially if they expect you to contact Polestar directly.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The dealer should provide you the welcome pack and attach the badge on the car at the time of the upload. If they did not, then they are shady or incompetent, especially if they expect you to contact Polestar directly.
btw, I prefer the blue badge, considering both the R-Design, Inscription and Ocean Race badges are also white.

you can order a blue badge from various vendors online.

·
Registered
926 Posts
btw, I prefer the blue badge, considering both the R-Design and Ocean Race badges are white.

you can order a blue badge from various vendors online.
Agree that dealer should have installed badge and included welcome pack at time of software install.

Also agree on the blue badge. I purchased mine in advance and put it on prior to taking it in for the software. They left the white badge in with the welcome pack. I thought about putting it somewhere in the interior but haven't come up with a spot I really like yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts