SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Muscle Blue XC60 T5 2WD P*, P* Ext/Int kit; 2018 Ice White V40 T5 RD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late 2016 T5 running on the 21" polestar rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 255/40 R21 102Y XL TL tires.

Looking for the tire pressure in the owners manual (hardcopy, digital in-car & online) there are only recommended tire pressures up to 20" rims

Does anyone know of any official, Volvo, recommend pressure when running the P* 21" ?

Currently I have them at +/- 35-36 PSI front and back but not sure if that is helping or hindering.
I just extrapolated from the manual, as it said 35 for the 20".....(?)

If it matters at all, nitrogen filled, Hot climate (Dubai, UAE), but very smooth roads

thank you for any insight

·
Registered
798 Posts
Why would the Polestar wheels make the tire pressure different? 35 psi is recommended for the XC60. 21" wheels just weren't stock in 2016. In subsequent years, 35 psi is recommended for all sizes.

Reactions: tzallas

·
Registered
2016 Muscle Blue XC60 T5 2WD P*, P* Ext/Int kit; 2018 Ice White V40 T5 RD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would the Polestar wheels make the tire pressure different? 35 psi is recommended for the XC60. 21" wheels just weren't stock in 2016. In subsequent years, 35 psi is recommended for all sizes.
You may have a point there.
I was looking at this and just wondered if that would change for larger and lower profile wheels based on speed and load capacity
I could have sworn they were varying when I last looked
But on a second look it seems you are correct.

Must have been momentary brain fart. o_O

Thank you

·
Registered
727 Posts
Late 2016 T5 running on the 21" polestar rims, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 255/40 R21 102Y XL TL tires.

Looking for the tire pressure in the owners manual (hardcopy, digital in-car & online) there are only recommended tire pressures up to 20" rims

Does anyone know of any official, Volvo, recommend pressure when running the P* 21" ?

Currently I have them at +/- 35-36 PSI front and back but not sure if that is helping or hindering.
I just extrapolated from the manual, as it said 35 for the 20".....(?)

If it matters at all, nitrogen filled, Hot climate (Dubai, UAE), but very smooth roads

thank you for any insight
The tire pressure does not change with rims. The tire pressure is set for the vehicle. The softer the pressure the more bump absorbing/comfortable the ride will be, higher pressure stiffer/bumpier ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts