SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cool! Might swing by tomorrow. This will likely be on our short list for replacing the S60 in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swung by this afternoon. Love to see it in person. Many people are interested and hang out there.

Glad to see all the color palettes. The Moon is brown, and darker than pictures posted online. Under sunlight it is lighter. Could be an interested color. Snow is great. Magnesium has a little gray hue. Seems not distinctive enough. Midnight is quite lovely calm blue. Thunder is for people like grey.

It is compact car and the floor seems not as low as usual car. Maybe due to the battery below the floor. Feel smaller than S60. Of course S60 is almost mid-size.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I’m highly disappointed that Polestar has no plans for the East Coast. At a minimum you would like to think they would stop at Volvo North America HQ in New Jersey, but noooooo.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I stopped by on Saturday. I don’t think they had color swatches available then, too bad. Here are some pics! Those wheels are massive in person. Agreed with Fusion though, definitely compact class and would make a great commuter car.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow, great shots of the reflection! Should send it to P* team to post on instagram. :)

The color tabs are in the trunk today.

View attachment 53547
Doh! I didn’t pay any attention to what was actually in the trunk! Oh well, next time maybe. The Polestar design group featured my pics on their Instagram story Maybe I’ll get a free car out of it (yeah right).

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
This looks like a car by GEELY, not volvo.. Not gonna drive 20 miles just to look at a Chinese electric car. Those P* brakes tho? Release those to us, please, so we don't have to look at the crappy Chinese BBKs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This looks like a car by GEELY, not volvo.. Not gonna drive 20 miles just to look at a Chinese electric car. Those P* brakes tho? Release those to us, please, so we don't have to look at the crappy Chinese BBKs.
Well considering Peter Horbury is Geely's head of design... And he was design head at volvo from the early 1990's... Soooooo I assume you meant it as a compliment to Geely's new designs? Or did you forget what the Volvo 40.2 concept looked like? Because 40.1 and 40.2 are pretty much 1:1 translated into the XC40 and Polestar 2...

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the side panel is different. 40.2 looks better because of the black strip on side panel. Wish they provide add-on decoration for this.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The touring car, which I believe is the one of a kind they use to travel around the world, will be back at the Polestar HQ in Torslanda, Göteborg next week.
I have a private appointment to see the car there on Tuesday.
I am so excited to finally get to see it.
It’s also very cool they’ll put up the very first official Polestar Space in Oslo, on hour drive from my house.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look here for a first drive impression.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/elektroauto/polestar-2-elektro-hatchback/

This is a german magazine, and they are very positive.
They did a press demo drive in Sweden last week. So reviews are popping up now:
https://www.wired.com/story/polestar-2-review-volvo-electric-car/

But people still need to wait 6+ months for the real car. Late next year we'll see real market feedback.
I guess people will feel not happy with the floor height for rear seats. Otherwise it should be good overall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts