·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And another one from Inside EVs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks for posting, found it entertaining and looking forward to seeing them on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
There are quite some review recently after test drives by the media. I still don't see many people will know about it though. It is great all-around car but no extreme factors to create news hype like Tesla.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting, found it entertaining and looking forward to seeing them on the road.

The second review is by Kyle, who also does Out Of Spec Motoring, and is a strong Tesla partisan. He seemed to be very impressed and implied that he would love to have a Polestar 2. Quite an endorsement.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A study commissioned by Polestar by FT Tech to find the range of EVs driving at 70 mph as a percentage of their EPA rated range.

Audi E-Tron - 92 percent of claimed EPA range.

Polestar 2 - 82 percent of claimed automaker range.

Jaguar I-Pace - 80 percent of claimed EPA range.

Polestar 2 Performance Pack - 79 percent of claimed automaker range.

Tesla Model 3 Performance - 75 percent of claimed EPA range.

The Model 3 Performance came in at 234 miles range and the Polestar 2 Performance came in at 197 miles in this test. Only 37 miles difference.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-ranked-last-for-highway-range-efficiency-1844728090

·
Registered
337 Posts
Elon won’t be a happy camper about this. Some fan boy will tweet and Tesla will send an OTA update for better #s.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Polestar 2 will be getting OTA updates too, likely changing the charging curve, and possibly changing the range. After all, Polestar and Volvo are new at EVs, and will send out OTA updates as they learn about batteries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts