SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oem intecooler setup...i mean, would you look at it... look at it :eek: everything fits like a glove...do yourself a favor and stop this nonsense of chopping and modding what is methodically designed by engineers and keep it the way it rolled out of volvo corp. :D

·
Registered
860 Posts

I think i’ll stick with my non heat soaking front mount setup, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Mine is a pice or Art :)

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idk what the actual point of this thread is.... but as previously mentioned, heat soaking an intercooler raises intake temps.

Do I need to go on about how horsepower and torque is affected by higher intake temps? Or should I stop there?
By all means go ahead ,but did you know info below?

" Condenser, intercooler and radiator fins are perfectly lined up so so the cool air passes through all of them " :beer: :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
All all fairness for the R versions:

FMIC indeed uglier .. and not needed.

ALuminium after market does give much better cooling.
DO88 one is a bolt on replacement, does not need cutting , modifying.
But does give much better cooling for upgrade or when old intercooler dies.

For V70r only modification is that 2ndary intercooler oem part is also removed and not replaced.
So one has a gap behind the bumper near the fog light... need to place to mesh there on the bumper inside to cover it.

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-s60-v70-xc70-s80-turbo-00-09-intercooler.html

Other than that.. fully bolt on, and can even slide in when car is on bridge ... 3-4hr job.

ANd yes.. i have it.. combined with 3 inch ceramic coated downpipe.. other than that stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All all fairness for the R versions:

FMIC indeed uglier .. and not needed.

ALuminium after market does give much better cooling.
DO88 one is a bolt on replacement, does not need cutting , modifying.
But does give much better cooling for upgrade or when old intercooler dies.

For V70r only modification is that 2ndary intercooler oem part is also removed and not replaced.
So one has a gap behind the bumper near the fog light... need to place to mesh there on the bumper inside to cover it.

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-s60-v70-xc70-s80-turbo-00-09-intercooler.html

Other than that.. fully bolt on, and can even slide in when car is on bridge ... 3-4hr job.

ANd yes.. i have it.. combined with 3 inch ceramic coated downpipe.. other than that stock.

here see how it slides out..
last one with DO88 placed.. NO CUTTING needed... and 3-4hr job that way max

old one slide down...

old one out.. they go crooked

new Do88 one fitted

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Dougy, what's with the reversion to stock mate? (Aside from the baby)... You clearly know your stuff so I'm interested in what you think is so good about the stock set up - in particular the stock map. You know this fueling is calibrated to target 0.9 lambda from factory right?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I want Florida car parts, not Connecticut rust and oxidation :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
As someone who just installed a do88 intercooler, you are full of crap. Stock one on a long pull (like a long passing pull) will get intake temps 100F+ OVER ambient. Now I sit at 20F(+/-5F) over ambient on the same pull at the same ambient temps. Also, drop in is nice. I hate the look of FMIC.

Nice troll thread, but I thought I would respond anyway :3.

·
Registered
91 Posts
here see how it slides out..
last one with DO88 placed.. NO CUTTING needed... and 3-4hr job that way max

old one slide down...

old one out.. they go crooked

new Do88 one fitted
Hi I have a 2002 D5 my intercooler was just like yours if not worse , but I fitted a do88 intercooler over 4-5 years ago the only mod to fit it is to add some more washers to space it out,
Dave

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I don't even know who you are anymore doug

same guy

Good troll is good troll.

Hi Dougy, what's with the reversion to stock mate? (Aside from the baby)... You clearly know your stuff so I'm interested in what you think is so good about the stock set up - in particular the stock map. You know this fueling is calibrated to target 0.9 lambda from factory right?
hi steve, there is no baby , well other than my new stock volvo oem s60r baby on the way...:D...i gave people the opportunity to buy it for 12K , i listed at 15k...trans was going to go for sure not if but when ...i was not interested in doing lever 359 bulletproof auto built or mt swap...so i posted the performance kit for sale and it sold...so here i am...if the fueling does not look right stock i will have THA BEST TUNA in tha world to fix it.

ps : you have peeps spending 20-30k trying to achieve what they could have gotten for 12k...:facepalm:

I want Florida car parts, not Connecticut rust and oxidation :(

As someone who just installed a do88 intercooler, you are full of crap. Stock one on a long pull (like a long passing pull) will get intake temps 100F+ OVER ambient. Now I sit at 20F(+/-5F) over ambient on the same pull at the same ambient temps. Also, drop in is nice. I hate the look of FMIC.

Nice troll thread, but I thought I would respond anyway :3.
lol...drop in intercooler is as useless as stock other that it is good for tuned/ higher boost R....fmic is the only way to go and im stayin stock. ;)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I understand dougy. We all have beat this car into the ground, especially the S60R because of it’s incredible power. They are a dying breed. People parting out a page of history. It is our duty to preserve this car. That is what you are doing. Building back to original and keep it. I am doing this with MY10 C70 T5. Keeping this one original.
MY05 VR GT will have upgrades, but I will preserve the originals parts to rebuild with OEM if it needs to be original. The original engine will be rebuilt to spec. Thanks for showing us the way. You rock brother.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I understand dougy. We all have beat this car into the ground, especially the S60R because of it’s incredible power. They are a dying breed. People parting out a page of history. It is our duty to preserve this car. That is what you are doing. Building back to original and keep it. I am doing this with MY10 C70 T5. Keeping this one original.
MY05 VR GT will have upgrades, but I will preserve the originals parts to rebuild with OEM if it needs to be original. The original engine will be rebuilt to spec. Thanks for showing us the way. You rock brother.

:thumbup: thank you hunter! i appreciate that

1 - 20 of 47 Posts