SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my 240 is running well, the only problem is, over the last couple of weeks it has developed a strange odor in the cabin. It's annoying and embarrassing, and I can't drive with it! I'm pretty sure it's not coming from the seats, and it's not as potent when one is sitting in the back seats. I think it MIGHT be coming from the dash, but I'm not sure if it's the dash or soemthing under the dash? It smells like an old cheese sandwhich, it's GROSS. PLEASE help me!

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Please Help URGENT (NRM8573)

Better stay out of Vermont if you insist on picking up hitchhikers.<p>Did the aroma first start at this season's initial use of the air conditioner?<p>George Dill<p><br>

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Please Help URGENT (gdill2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gdill2</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Did the aroma first start at this season's initial use of the air conditioner?<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yes, actually, and it's amazing that you knew that and I didn't....I only used it for about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Your Volvo has life forms growing in the ventilation system yet to be categorized by the EPA.<p>The stuff to kill this is in itself deadly to human brain cells as evidenced by the fact that I have engaged in this germ warfare in my '86 245 more than once.<p>Visit an auto parts store where the help has been in place at least six days and ask for the stuff to detox your Volvo's AC. Be careful!<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gdill2</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your Volvo has life forms growing in the ventilation system yet to be categorized by the EPA.<p>The stuff to kill this is in itself deadly to human brain cells as evidenced by the fact that I have engaged in this germ warfare in my '86 245 more than once.<p>Visit an auto parts store where the help has been in place at least six days and ask for the stuff to detox your Volvo's AC. Be careful!<p>George Dill</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thank you very much. Do you recommend a certain brand in particular? Is there a specific procedure that needs to be followed?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Any brand works as long as it has no fragrance built in. Follow the package instructions and don't inhale the stuff. Buy enough for two treatments.<p>Order online at <A HREF="http://www.ultrashield.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ultrashield.com</A>/<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

George-<p>I just discovered that if the fan is blowing, there is no smell. Is this new detail in accordance with your original diagnosis?

·
Registered
412 Posts

i would still do this. by the sounds of it you have mold in the system, and that can be pretty serious. mold is bad.... very bad

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Please Help URGENT (Camyman)

Maybe I should just get an R with IAQS. Then I wouldn't have to worry about this sh*t.

·
Registered
412 Posts

move away from swamps, old musty people that havent been regularly dusted, etc. get an air freshener.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts