SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 S70 2.4 turbo. 116k. I had the ETM tested and they said it was good, also had a yellow label, been replaced at some point. I re soldered the contacts on the ABS module, took care of some of the problems I was having. The problem is, the car lacks power big time. I unplugged the MAF it idled a little funny but eventually evened out. I drove it around for about 5 miles and no difference, still very sluggish and poor acceleration, so I kind of ruled that out. when I unplugged it the CEL never came on which I thought was weird. It gets insanely poor gas mileage also. So any input would be appreciated. I am now kind of leaning toward a bad o2 or maybe a vacuum leak?

The CEL is not on, it came on once and gave me the fuel adaption bank 1 p11 something I dont recall. I cleared it and has not come on since, the car is my daily driver and it is starting to get frustrating performing this way. Sometimes when its warmed up all the way and the temp gauge is in the middle or close to it, the car shows flashes of what I know it can do and then starts acting sluggish again.

Has anyone else had this problem? I did the pcv test with the oil dipstick and glove, glove inflates and smoke coming out of dipstick tube at idle. I know I have to take the intake manifold off to get to the breather box but I cant find any videos or instructions or pictures on how to do that. All of them are 850 videos I know they are very comparable but arent the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all.

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
Scan it with VIDA. You may have dirty air and fuel filters.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Run a compression test as a base to see if the motor itself is OK. Look closely for any vacuum leaks, especially the turbo plumbing and air intake around the ETM

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Start with the basics, whens the last time you did fuel and air filters, and spark plugs? Next I'd look at intake and vacuum hoses for leaks. Sounds like it's just not making any boost which can be a few things, but you need more info and better diagnostics. At the car's age though I'd highly suspect something made of rubber has failed.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You've received good advice, now you just need to follow it.

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
I have vida and am in CT. Ask and you shall receive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts