SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2006 V70R with a manual transmission. I bought the car with 12k miles on it in March of '08 and a few months ago (March of '09 with 33k miles) my clutch completely broke. The dealer in Ocala replaced the clutch but it has never been the same and I am still having problems with it. Specifically the clutch is sticky and the gearbox is very stiff. I have taken it to the dealer in Tallahassee but they refuse to even take it apart because they say they cant reproduce the problem.<p>I am absolutely in love with my car and really want to find a good dealer to work on my clutch (has to be a dealer for warranty service). If anyone is near Jacksonville, Pensacola, Orlando, Tampa, Ocala or Tallahassee I would be more than willing to compensate for someone with a V70/S60R to meet me at their local dealer so that the tech can see/feel the difference between the way the clutch/gearbox should feel and the way mine feels on an R car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: Please help! North Florida V70/S60R clutch problems (TWHouse)

Would love to help, unfortunately both mine are GTs. I can also say with good certainty, there are VERY few R's in North Florida, and dealer service pretty much sucks because of it. They aren't too familiar with the R, and half the time I have issues, I have to tell them what to research. As an example, my service advisor had never even heard of rain squeel, I had to tell them what caused the noise, and tell them to search the TNNs for a fix. But I can say, they have never given me any grief about repairing things when they find out the problem. In the past six months my VR has had several thousand dollars in warranty repairs, last time, they even let me drive an 09 MB C'class for the day. I do know there is one S60R MT in Pensacola though, cause it was getting serviced last time my VR was in, but the guy isn't on swedespeed. So maybe the dealer would be able to help.<p>Adam

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did they replace the Throw Out Bearing?<p>Does the Pedal "Stick" or Release Slowly?<p>Does it feel Like it almost has Two Stages, Like a old School 4 barrel Carbs(a Slight change in pressure from the pedal)?

·
Registered
1 Posts

just replaced my clutch on my 2004 s60r with 34k miles due to slave valve failure. It was driving fine when at a light with the clutch depressed it started to attempt to go forward. It stalled due to the brake being engaged. It then stalled and would not restart. I have seen posts here and elsewhere with this same fault. Apparently volvo does not recognize this as their problem. I see if it had 95 k miles but at least acura paid 80% of my wife's rebuild of a defective tranny after warranty was up. A poor choice for a carmaker in an economy such as this. The fix was fine thus far. I only notice a lower contact while engaging the clutch. My dealer gave me a small discount and an free service next time it is due.

·
Registered
412 Posts

sucks man. i had mine go a few days after i got mine at 16.5k. i know the volvo dealership in tampa is garbage. i went to the one in gainesville and they did a great job with my AC. they might have moved to ocala. im not sure though. im in palm beach for another month. sry i cant help.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Please help! North Florida V70/S60R clutch problems (R broski)

I'm in Tampa, 04 VR with 6MT. I'd be willing to help you out for the tech to do a side-by-side. Mine has 72k and the clutch/tranny is smooth and without issue, as far as I can tell. I bought it used with 63k earlier this year.<p>You can send me a PM through these boards or email, hor$$wath$$ at gmail dot com, remove the all the $$'s (anti-robot). I usually take mine to Volvo of Tampa Bay.

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
Reading the first post it seems someone doesnt know what a brand new clutch feels like ...

·
Registered
8 Posts

TW,<p>I had very similar problem after I go mine back last week for clutch and slave repair. The shifting was just plan crap. 5th gear was very hard to get to and typically took twice to get in. Other gears did not feel right either. And the clutch at times seemed to bounce around. The H pattern felt off and misaligned. My dealer was very good at looking again at the car.<p>They found that the linkage was missed aligned and something they described as "notched." When I got the car today, the tech writer was at lunch, so I was unable to get a better definition of "notched." What every that meant, the car shifts like it use to when it was newer. You have to remember, this tranny is a cable driven, so alignment and being greased up is important. Seems that it is probably easy to booger it up when they take the trans out.<p>I would try to get them to evaluate the linkage as your problems are probably there.<p>Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts