SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 XC90 my stereo has stopped working. I brought a nextbase dab unit but the fm signal was week (no aux in my stereo) so I had a stupid brain wave to try disconnect the fm Ariel to try make the signal less static (so it only picks my dab unit not local stations) so I unplugged the orange lead from the Ariel unit put ignition on and no stereo no parking sensors. Tried plugging back in still no stereo. Fuse is ok disconnect battery took the orange cable out blew on it (in case bit of dust ) still no joy there is a flashing red in the orange plug. Please help I go away soon and don’t want to sit in the car 3 hours just listing to kids lol

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
without vida, you wont really know what's going on. The orange cable is fiber.. hopefully you didn't break it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any more fuses for the system other than the one in drivers fuse box? Or how long would I disconnect the battery for to fully reset nothing broken just confused it I think was working fine before but now screen blank no life at all and no parking sensor beep now

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
there is a fuse panel under the steering wheel. You will need to get a torx bit to pull the panel off but there are fuses there for the infotainment center (radio).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved now... I did the fuse ‘infomant’ drivers side fuse box and stereo could now be turned on ‘high performance..’ etc but go blank. So finally got hold of my mate. (Didn’t know to much about most system but is an auto electronics) so while eating his sandwich before got to Involed got out his ‘bleepy’ screwdriver and checking all fuses.

We now found another fuse box in the boot passenger side (where you would go to remove rear lights) and there was some bad fuses changed them and now stereo back on working perfect

I can’t remember what fuse it was but I’ll try check.

Just one slightly related question. Is there anyway to better the fm signal ? Even with national radio stations the signal goes abit hissy and stats searching from time to time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts