SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>I have an electricak problem with my 2004 S60R A/T<br>This evening I tried to open the car with my remote and it would not unlock the doors. I used the key and and start it up. It did start up but the lights on the dashboard were dimmed for a few second and then wnet up completely while the engine is running. Check engine light is on.<br>Central locks, trunk, fule door do not work. Neither do turn signals. Stop lights do work. All the gauges lights are out and at ZERO point. The A/C control lights are on, power windows work. The engine runs but it seems that it is in limp mode i.e. less accelleration. Strangely, the alarm LED in the dash blinks slowly as if the car was still locked using the alarm, even with the engine running. I changed the batteries on the remote to no avail. Please help before I take the car to the dealer and pay big $$$<p>Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sounds like an ignition switch problem. There are different circuits that are all controlled by the position of your key in the ignition. If, after you start the car (key position 3), the key does not return fully to position 2, many circuits (such as the ones you listed) wont work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts