SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XC60 T5 Inscription
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys... i wish i knew more about this stuff...

i see the 2009 S60 T5 lists sport suspension... does it really have a different susp. than the 2.5T or is it just "marketing-ease."

Volvo has agreed to take back the 07 so I'm looking again.. and really finding that, much as i've complained about it, it fits me well and has one of the best stereos out there.

So... thoughts?

thanks
kev

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,806 Posts
Re: please educate me... (ExBimmerBoy)

Kevin,

The Volvo website lists Sport Chassis as... This lowers the car's center of gravity by approximately .5 in. and provides a sportier sensation. Includes firmer shock absorbers and a stiffer rear anti-roll bar. The low sports chassis must be combined with available automatic levelling.

The Sport Chassis is unique to the T5. The 2.5T has Dynamic Chassis. I would guess that Sport Chassis has revalved shocks to decrease roll and probably has springs that are a little shorter and stiffer.

The last sentence (The low sports chassis must be combined with available automatic levelling.) is puzzling. I didn't find automatic levelling mentioned anywhere else on the S60 site.

I did find this about automatic levelling in a review about the 2010 S80... The sportier set up realized by lowering the front of the car with 20 mm (0.8 in.) in the front and by 15 mm (0,6 in.) in the rear. Shorter and firmer springs and shock absorbers with a greater damping ability, harder bushes and different anti-roll bars are also part of the package, as well as automatic levelling which keeps the car's body perfectly positioned with the road surface whatever the driving conditions, both when fully loaded and with only the driver on board.

·
Registered
2017 XC60 T5 Inscription
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: please educate me... (Penguin)

hmmm. thank you. i looked all over the volvocars usa site and didn't find anything like that.

i appreciate it!

EDIT: found it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: please educate me... (ExBimmerBoy)

Auto-leveling sounds like they have nivomats for rear shocks as used on some 700 and 900 series cars. They are expensive to replace when they fail. After car is parked for awhile the rear sags as a side effect. The nivomats cannot be replaced with regular shocks without some aftermarket kit. Do some research on nivomats.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Re: please educate me... (vlvman)

You also get Speed Sensitive Steering with the Sports Suspension pkg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.