1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love it.

My son has been asking to do my Bursting Blue R-Design.

Seeing your car makes me want to do it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
love to see it but for some reason I cannot. Due to being a new member I guess.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Chris60
I've also been toying with the idea of removing my badges at the rear and have a "photoshoped" a pic to see how it would look before and after.... I'm very tempted, what do others think? This si the colour of my car as well - Pine Grey with full tinted windows. Cheers to all.

With badges
03 Rear - original badges.jpg
without badges
03 Rear - no badges.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Chris60
I've also been toying with the idea of removing my badges at the rear and have a "photoshoped" a pic to see how it would look before and after.... I'm very tempted, what do others think? This si the colour of my car as well - Pine Grey with full tinted windows. Cheers to all.

With badges
View attachment 55949
without badges
View attachment 55947
I would keep the Volvo badge.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I saw 3-4 de-badged cars on Euro streets ad it felt they were too plain. It just looked wrong for some reason. I’m keeping mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
I believe we should each make the decision that makes us happy with such subjective things.

For me though, when I see a de-badged vehicle, I generally think to myself it’s because the owner purchased a “lesser-model” for whatever reason and wants to perhaps pass it off to others as something better, or they have removed the badges so they can smoke some crazy driver that takes them up on it at a stop light... There are a disproportionate number of Tesla’s and other mfgrs models that have been debadged around me, that I’m aware each have significant performance options if you are willing to flip the bucks for them, so it always makes me wonder.

Me? I’m happy with what I choose to buy and generally feel the little bit of badging bling helps the overall look. I once changed my badging to gold, including my dual tailpipes that almost no one else did on my Lexus SC300 back in the day, and thought that was a great way to offset the finish and keep it elegant, but sporty, than “standard chrome” most would have. ;). FWIW, I have no intention of removing or changing the standard chrome on any of the badging on my future Denim Blue XC60 T8, but that’s just me. I’m happy with what others may or may not do. Whenever I see something out-of-the norm, I know it’s an owner that cares more about their ride than most, which ALWAYS makes me smile. My future XC60 will have just a custom license plate frame surrounding my custom plates beyond being a T8 Inscription! It’s so boring! ;)

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would keep them...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I de-badged my Volvo C70 back in 2013 when i decided to repaint it.
After a couple of weeks a friend mentioned what @bertl above was saying. (I agree)
I then went ahead and put a 1$ aliexpress batman logo as you can see in the picture below.

Since C70 is pretty rare, the car had many eyes upon it for years. People where discussing what brand it is and all. It was funny to look drivers in my rear view mirror wondering :)

I'm expecting my XC60 to arrive (in black) and I'm very interested to see how it would look in black plastidip just as you did it op. Is it easy ? Can I do it myself ? Or should I take it to an expert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts