SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription, 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Plastic windshield clip and clothes hook

Did everyone's car come with the traditional Volvo windshield clip (Driver's side, made of plastic, holds things like parking tickets and such)? If not, does anyone know if it's hard to install one? I did OSD and haven't got my car back yet, but i'm fairly certain it didn't have the clip when i was driving it in Sweden.

Also, I remember the car only comes standard with one of the little clothes hanging hooks (the ones that can slide into the hole in the headliner). I know you can order the other side but i can't for the life of me remember which side it comes with?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Did everyone's car come with the traditional Volvo windshield clip (Driver's side, made of plastic, holds things like parking tickets and such)? If not, does anyone know if it's hard to install one? I did OSD and haven't got my car back yet, but i'm fairly certain it didn't have the clip when i was driving it in Sweden.

Also, I remember the car only comes standard with one of the little clothes hanging hooks (the ones that can slide into the hole in the headliner). I know you can order the other side but i can't for the life of me remember which side it comes with?
As to the first question, unlikely. My MY16 XC90 (US) did not come with the clip. I bought it through the dealer who installed it free of charge during a service visit. My out of pocket cost was either $4 or $8 USD. The service said it was easy to install.

I like to use it for parking tickets particularly before my sunshade goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, I'm pretty sure our OSD XC40 did not come with the Volvo windshield clip, but we've only had it for one month so maybe I just haven't found it yet :)

The clothing hook in ours is on the driver side.

·
Registered
2019 Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription, 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country T5
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As to the first question, unlikely. My MY16 XC90 (US) did not come with the clip. I bought it through the dealer who installed it free of charge during a service visit. My out of pocket cost was either $4 or $8 USD. The service said it was easy to install.

I like to use it for parking tickets particularly before my sunshade goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was just looking at some of the 2020 XC40s starting to show up on lots online and it looks like they all have the windshield clip and come with two clothes hooks now.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

This use to be standard and I guess Volvo needed to cut some cost. We had it on most of our Volvo’s but have gotten use to it not being there. Just lay the parking ticket, or whatever on the dash. Glad to see it return.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I don't think I have the clip on my 2019 XC40. But we all should have the card holder on the lower left beneath the steering wheel.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't think I have the clip on my 2019 XC40. But we all should have the card holder on the lower left beneath the steering wheel.
there's also a place that will hold credit card under the center stack, above the charger. I keep my gas membership card there.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I was just looking at some of the 2020 XC40s starting to show up on lots online and it looks like they all have the windshield clip and come with two clothes hooks now.
Good to hear. Maybe there has been a change of heart. The clip is an inexpensive, practical solution. Good enough - no need for crystal. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts