SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Plastic Cargo mat config with all seats up

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  lamme27 
#1 ·
Hi,

Does anybody have the plastic cargo mat accessory? How exactly does it work when all seats are up? Does it stay in the place, or do you need to remove it? Pics would be great, thanks.

#3 ·
When all three rows are up, you can stack the other two pieces on top of each other in the remaining cargo space. The downside to the plastic cargo mat is that the added weight from the mats on top of the flip up grocery holder compartment make the usability of the compartment difficult. The pop up basically won't stay up. Just yesterday, I decided to remove the other two portions of the mat and leave them in the garage, as I normally keep the third row up. It's a durable plastic, but not as thick as the optional rubber mats for the floors.

#9 · (Edited)
No.

So on the picture above you can see that the third row is covered by two separate smaller pieces. If you bring the 3rd row up, you need to remove them as they don't stick to the back of the seats. The only place to store them in the vehicle is to simply lay them on top of the larger piece that covers the actual storage compartment. If you do that, and if your model is equipped with the grocery bag holder compartment, the lid won't stay up due to the added weight of the mats.

My mats came with a rubber floor mats as a package called "protection package". It's not listed on Volvo's website when you do a build on their website, but your dealer can order it and give you the exact price.

#8 ·
Not slippery. I don't think tacky but saves my rear cargo area from water stains. Will be good for the snow in winter and dive gear in summer. I will have some plastic boxes for these activities as well but took the extra precaution.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Thanks for clarification.

They look thick and heavy... My current cargo mat from weathettech for my CRV is a hard thin plastic. Feels light. Can anybody speak to weight of these OEM ones? are they heavy? how do they compare to the weathertech? Ask, because my wife would remove the liner frequently for cleaning .

#13 ·
I too have the protection package. I love it. The mats are extremely thin & light. And they have a tacky feel to them. At first they feel kind of flimsy. But once they are installed they are perfect. I like that they are tacky because you can set a box on top and not worry about it sliding around. The package comes with the floor mats for all the rows as well as a piece that covers the hump in the middle of the floor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.