1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

Bent/crack fixed.

Re-Adjusted Rear Coils to lowest setting

Rim Cut out template. now taping is just a snap away.

The lowest setting i can go eliminate vibrations :) Rear is 90% and front is 80% lowest settings.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I like it very much! glad to see everything getting back into place :D
I did not mind the yellow but the red will give you an easier time. I might consider doing this too . . .

Wow that fix is a real patch! I hope it will hold well! I'm guessing the wheels where off balanced after that. Nothing that can't be adjusted as you balanced the tires...

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Diggin' 'em, but good luck keeping it clean without ripping the plasti-dip! Sharp wheels!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That looks IMO very very cool - Not overtly in your face, but a nice pop of color to give it a custom, no one else has this, kind of look.
Check plus.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
LOOKS GREAT! go 100% low!!!
im just jelly cause i only have springs. want coilovers badly. need lower.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diggin' 'em, but good luck keeping it clean without ripping the plasti-dip! Sharp wheels!
I had originally the yellows for 2 months, power wash, brush wheels and i have lots of room to clear my arms inside. plasti dip stayed on. easy to clean than i originaly thought. Tip: after 5 coats or plastidip, remove tape immediately before it gets dry, this is to avoid pulling the tape when dry can cause rubber in the edge to bend. you only need 3 cans for 4 wheels is enough coating that will stand out. i remove my yellow in 2 sec in 1 pce. without removing the wheels from the car.

yes, not too noticable in centain angles, but when you really look, it looks great (to me at least) :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That weld looks like it needs a counter balance on the other side...haha.

Looks good but could be a pain trying to keep the red clean.
The weld is perfect, in fact, the wheel itself (no tires) is 100% balanced and round before the shop release them. I saw them myself. When i installed new tires, the rims need less wheights. i was surprised about the work they did with the wheels before and after. :)

It just looks nasty, but technically the wheels only are prefectly balanced.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
wow after dropping your rear some more, the tire looks so much more flush and under your fender, unlike how it was before, Awesome job man. i love those rims. glad everyone worked out and got fixed! Beautiful man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I really dig it! Keep us posted with pics after time on the road and the cleaning schedule. I can see myself 'borrowing' this idea!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been riding them everyday for more then 2 months now with once a week car wash. looks awsome. the plasti dip really stick up. i do brush them once a week.
the trick is, do just about 4 - 5 coats, while still wet, remove the tape.

i had my yellows on originally for testing. have not cleanned them for a month and i see a lot of brake dust, just brush normally. i find them eash to clean becasue of the clearnace of thre vanillas my hand fits going inside.

next season fall, i will get my rims a nice good wash and fix the rashes and may permanently color them red with clear top coat.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So I've been skipping over this thread for a while now because the pictures wouldn't show up at work... glad I finally got a look, because oh mah god... I really would like to find a way to do this in a deep purple.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nicely done! Im also going to work with some plastidip in the next few weeks :)

I dont think its smart to use plastidip on brakes? Because of temperature?

·
Registered
873 Posts
plstidip looses elasticity when its too warm.

i would def not use that on brakes.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts