SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 unopened cans of plasti-dip gloss coating. I bought these thinking i would want to make my matte black wheels glossy but have since changed my mind. Would like to get $55 /BRO shipped for the lot. [email protected] will get quicker results. Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any plans to dip their wheels or grills? This is a great price to make it a gloss finish-this stuff really is an unbelievable alternative to expensive painting or powder coating. And it can always be removed!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically you can go to any home depot or lowes and get the matte black plasti-dip on the cheap. This is a lot of 6 cans of the gloss coating that can be applied over the matte finishes in order to make it glossy. This stuff can only be found online and with shipping gets expensive quickly. http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip_Enhancers
Myself and a buddy dipped our wheels matte black before the glossifier we ordered came in and then decided we liked the look of the matte. So we just want to get rid of this and pass it along to someone that is looking to try out plasti-dip. Its an unbelievable product.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This amount of gloss coating should be enough to do 2 sets of wheels, or a set of wheels and then plenty left over for grill emblems etc and wheel touch ups.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is it necessary or better to unmount the tires first before painting the wheels, or OK not to? Thinking about this, but not sure that I want black wheels on a black car.

Edit: Never mind, I thought this was for gloss black. I didn't realize this was just for the gloss overcoat. Would you split this up, say 3 cans instead of 6?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Doesn't Plastidip have a textured finish? May be interested in seeing some pictures of plastidip with the gloss

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would split it up, but if i was going to ship a 3 can lot then i would want $35 for the 3 cans shipped. Black plastidip is easy to come by around here, both home depot and lowes have it readily available. It is a smooth flat black finish if sprayed correctly. This coating turns that finish into a gloss finish. If serious about purchasing these then email at [email protected]-i will respond in a more timely manner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts