SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2009 C30 R-Design with the two-tone (off black & bone) leather interior. The seats are worn looking, and I wonder if it's possible to replace the seat upholstery with the plaid fabric seat upholstery that I've seen online in some pictures.

Was this a Europe only option? I've never seen one in the US with plaid seats. My previous car was a GTI and I loved the plaid cloth seats that it had. I'm not really a fan of leather seat surfaces, as I feel like I'm sliding around.

I have a limited budget, so I'm wondering if there's a way to get the seat upholstery and replace what's already in the car with that.

I've inserted two images that I found online of the plaid seats.

Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd like to know where to get that upholstery. I know the Volvo parts store has some upholstery options online but I don't think they have this option. I would like to know the interior color options they had in Europe.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I like!

·
Registered
147 Posts
What you are looking at is Dark Blue Clan cloth - as far as I know only available in 2013 and only through the Overseas Delivery Program. Not just that I believe OSD for 2013 was a shorter year [factory production closing down/final year of the C30] potentially making it the rarest interior available.

The original OSD order sheet is here: http://flyvolvo.com/C30MY13.pdf

The interior codes are 5HSE (Black) and 5HNE (Black/Blonde.)

What I would recommend is what I had done in the past: Go to google images and try putting those codes in. A while ago an over seas parts supplier had some in stock but I never pursued it. Keep in mind we are now 7 years past production for an option that only existed for less than 12 months so it may be difficult to locate. And even if you locate it you run a 50/50 chance of either the seller recognizing what they have or are desperate to unload. Either way it may be expensive to ship to the USA since I last remember these seats being on pallets.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 V60 CC Platinum
39 Posts
Your local, capable automotive upholstery shop should be able to customize your existing seats in any way you like. They should have fabric sample books, and if the exact Volvo Dark Blue Clan cloth isn't available, you'll likely be able to find something similar to get a close look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts