SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the deal is done. Signed the papers yesterday, expecting delivery in March.

Bought a Momentum+ in Ember Black, 20" Matte Black Wheels, Blond leather w charcoal carpets in inside, convenience, vision, climate w HUD, B&W sound.

Basically loaded the Momentum up to the gills - only thing missing is the Nappa Contour seats and the 4C air suspension.

Thanks to all on this forum for the insights, advice and opinions! It's been very helpful in helping us reach our decision. I was seriously considering waiting for a 2017 model, but the poll I'd posted a couple of weeks ago seemed to overwhelmingly suggest buying now made sense...ultimately, it was actually the dealer who pushed me over the edge. He agreed to an aggressive offer at a significant discount to MSRP if I ordered the 2016 -- figured I'd be rolling the dice either way, I'd rather do it with some money in my pocket. To anyone looking to buy now, make sure you shop around and negotiate. Dealers are listening now whereas they may not have been a couple of months ago.

Only point of indecision is whether I made a mistake by not going up to the inscription model. The leather dash/doors and linear walnut inlays are just so opulent looking and give the car an incredible luxury feel. I just can't get past the durability concerns on those leather seats which look so gorgeous but are so soft I'm worried they'll melt when subject to a gaggle of <5 year old passengers.

If you could get the inscription model at approx. the same price as a Mom+, would you do it? (Esp. if you have little kids and plan on keeping the car ten years? )

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Congratulations! Would be curious what dealer gave you a discount and what amount :D You can PM me if you prefer!

How much price difference is there between what you ordered and Inscription?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congratulations!

Personally I would go for the Inscription-level. I've had soft leather before in my Volvo's, even when the children were young, and the durability is not an issue.
Why not selecting the air suspension?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Congrats. While waiting for my First Edition to come in I drove a Momentum the dealer got in a few weeks earlier. I liked it alot, even the thicker feel to the leather in the Momentum. The softness of the Inscription seats and their look with the perforated leather has really made an impression on me, but I'd still go for a Momentum and its interior in a heartbeat. The quality of the leather even in a Momentum is far superior to the leather I've seen in many other cars, even my previous Infiniti QX60. Hope the wait goes fast for you! :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Congrats, Maxwell. Looks like a nicely equipped Momentum Plus!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations!

Personally I would go for the Inscription-level. I've had soft leather before in my Volvo's, even when the children were young, and the durability is not an issue.
Why not selecting the air suspension?
I'm happy with the ride on springs and given the fact that I want to hold the car for approx. 10 years, I don't want to deal with maintenance issues down the road.

You think the leather will hold up over that timeframe? Even when compressed under car seats and whatnot?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats. While waiting for my First Edition to come in I drove a Momentum the dealer got in a few weeks earlier. I liked it alot, even the thicker feel to the leather in the Momentum. The softness of the Inscription seats and their look with the perforated leather has really made an impression on me, but I'd still go for a Momentum and its interior in a heartbeat. The quality of the leather even in a Momentum is far superior to the leather I've seen in many other cars, even my previous Infiniti QX60. Hope the wait goes fast for you! :)
I really wish you could spec the leather dash/doors and the walnut trim separately. I actually like the Momentum leather seats and I won't use the ventilation feature and I'm not that tall so thigh extenders aren't that useful.

But that dash and wood...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congratulations.....you should be very happy with your selections!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
So the deal is done. Signed the papers yesterday, expecting delivery in March.

Bought a Momentum+ in Ember Black, 20" Matte Black Wheels, Blond leather w charcoal carpets in inside, convenience, vision, climate w HUD, B&W sound.

Basically loaded the Momentum up to the gills - only thing missing is the Nappa Contour seats and the 4C air suspension.

Thanks to all on this forum for the insights, advice and opinions! It's been very helpful in helping us reach our decision. I was seriously considering waiting for a 2017 model, but the poll I'd posted a couple of weeks ago seemed to overwhelmingly suggest buying now made sense...ultimately, it was actually the dealer who pushed me over the edge. He agreed to an aggressive offer at a significant discount to MSRP if I ordered the 2016 -- figured I'd be rolling the dice either way, I'd rather do it with some money in my pocket. To anyone looking to buy now, make sure you shop around and negotiate. Dealers are listening now whereas they may not have been a couple of months ago.

Only point of indecision is whether I made a mistake by not going up to the inscription model. The leather dash/doors and linear walnut inlays are just so opulent looking and give the car an incredible luxury feel. I just can't get past the durability concerns on those leather seats which look so gorgeous but are so soft I'm worried they'll melt when subject to a gaggle of <5 year old passengers.

If you could get the inscription model at approx. the same price as a Mom+, would you do it? (Esp. if you have little kids and plan on keeping the car ten years? )
Congratulations on your personal choices! :thumbup:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm happy with the ride on springs and given the fact that I want to hold the car for approx. 10 years, I don't want to deal with maintenance issues down the road.

You think the leather will hold up over that timeframe? Even when compressed under car seats and whatnot?
I had my Volvo for almost 9 years. Interior was still perfect, beside the regular maintenance no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
:partywave:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested.

I ended up succumbing to the allure of the Inscription leather...the dash, the doors, the seats + of course the linear walnut, and the retractable sunshades (which are actually a nice non-trivial little addition). So I upgraded to the Inscription and got the 8-spoke 21" wheels which I think are the classiest looking of all the options offered on this car; other than that, kept all the same features, so this thing is fully loaded minus only the air suspension.

Ultimately I couldn't shake the thought that I'd regret it later if I didn't go through with this upgrade, and I figured since we're spending this much money already, we may as well pay the incremental and upgrade to get exactly what we want.

Thankfully the dealer still had one Inscription in their allocation for around the same timeframe, we're expecting it in early-to-mid March. Can't wait.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested.

I ended up succumbing to the allure of the Inscription leather...the dash, the doors, the seats + of course the linear walnut, and the retractable sunshades (which are actually a nice non-trivial little addition). So I upgraded to the Inscription and got the 8-spoke 21" wheels which I think are the classiest looking of all the options offered on this car; other than that, kept all the same features, so this thing is fully loaded minus only the air suspension.

Ultimately I couldn't shake the thought that I'd regret it later if I didn't go through with this upgrade, and I figured since we're spending this much money already, we may as well pay the incremental and upgrade to get exactly what we want.

Thankfully the dealer still had one Inscription in their allocation for around the same timeframe, we're expecting it in early-to-mid March. Can't wait.
Very, very good decision.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats! I had the same thought process and recently committed to a very similarly-equipped black Inscription with Amber leather and the 21's. It was on my dealer's inventory list to be delivered any day now (today was the dealer arrival date listed on the sheet). I'm champing at the bit to see it!

Enjoy your new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
We absolutely love our Inscription. The first thing I did was seal the seats with Opti-Coat. They do seem to pick up dye transfer more than I expected. However, with the Opti-Coat it only takes periodic, light maintenance and they clean up easily. I too am a big fan of the linear walnut, leather dash, and rear sunshades. The seats, IMHO, are stunning as well and worth the little maintenance I have to apply.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not having a new XC90 but having had the perforated seats in my Acura TL and now my Infiniti I have found out that having animals really does wear on the seats. A dog claws can do havoc when they push and pull on the holes in the seat. On the normal Volvo seat you just get scratch marks and not rip and tears. FWIW. In my Infiniti I make sure I have the rear seats covered whenever carrying the dog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts