1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I hate so much how they call it "Eco boost" --- There's nothing "Eco" about it.

I like them, I like the idea that ford is using turbochargers, and I think it's a decent car, however:

It's a bit huge.. I mean, just massive.
It's still a ferd
It's got some nasty fender/wheel gap going on.

Still, not a bad car. Tune it, and do an 83mm single turbo setup with a 5" downpipe :D

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
neat....its a P2 car made out of steel vs aluminum....and I thought the R badges were bad.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Looks nice. A bit too big for my cup of tea. Any mods going into it?
It could use a nice drop to get rid of the wheel gap. Nice pick up though!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Based on your original thread, I think the SHO probably fits your needs/wants nicely. However, from an aesthetics perspective, there is nothing about the SHO that would make me glance back at it when I walk away from it in a parking lot.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bit too big for my cup of tea. !
My kids are getting bigger. My 11 year old hated riding in the back of my car because me at 6'3" she had no leg room behind me. My 5 year old is still in a car seat, so she has to be on the passenger side.

In order to keep her feet off the front seat, the front seat is moved forward, which make s the wife complain about being cramped.

It's not an "R" as in race car. But its still a big car that has go fast in it.

And yes, I hate the "ECOboost" logo. It will be removed very soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what? can't handle the truth? The real SHO died about 20 years ago. In fact, a V8 S80 is more SHO than this SHO.
And you bought a neutered S60r. Geartrinic on a r. Now thats a joke.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The real SHO died about 20 years ago. In fact, a V8 S80 is more SHO than this SHO.
Ouch, painful truth. I do like the concept of the SHO though. I just can't get past the sheer size and stomach turning styling, especially the rear third of the car. Looks like it will be what your family is looking for though. Hopefully someone passionate about the R is able to pick it up and get it back in shape!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hopefully you helped drive the stock price up. It needs to break above $10!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
And you bought a neutered S60r. Geartrinic on a r. Now thats a joke.
Says someone with a 'Powershift' Geartronic imposter tranny sitting on top of a poor man's P2 chassis. Dude just stop now and save yourself from further embarassment.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty "beastly". And think of all the hours of living you are gonna get back not having to fix your Volvo R all the time. The time gained from not searching for answers on Swedespeed alone must be massive.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
well the one upside is labor rates should be cheaper at the Ford dealer.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
From what I understand about these:

1) You want to try to adapt a new set of R Brembos to fit - brakes are supposed to be sub-standard.
2) Supposedly you can easily get 400 hp+ out of your "Ecoboost', but the transverse engine AWD drivetrain won't handle the torque very well.

As for the comment about the V8 SHO, with its gas-sucking, no-torque V8 (isn't that an oxymoron?), when it came out I dreamed of a 300 hp AWD wagon version and, miraculously, Volvo granted my wish with the V70R! But time marches on...

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
I hate so much how they call it "Eco boost" --- There's nothing "Eco" about it.

I like them, I like the idea that ford is using turbochargers, and I think it's a decent car, however:

It's a bit huge.. I mean, just massive.
It's still a ferd
It's got some nasty fender/wheel gap going on.

Still, not a bad car. Tune it, and do an 83mm single turbo setup with a 5" downpipe :D
I hate the "Ecoboost" badge too but it's not bogus - a V8 with similar HP/torque will get worse mileage. Compare the F-150 with the Turbo V6 vs V8...

Yes it's big - it's a 5-series, A6, or S80 competitor, not S60.

As far as being a boat, some people here think any R with stock suspension or 17s (or HORRORS - BOTH!) is a boat...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sleeper. Sick car man, no one will see you coming. :thumbup:

Are the paddles precise or are they laggy like an autostick?

Edit: Performance package per chance?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
From what I understand about these:

1) You want to try to adapt a new set of R Brembos to fit - brakes are supposed to be sub-standard.
wait...you want the car to stop? Why would you do that? You just push the loud peddle and go in a straight line right? Isn't that how all Fords work?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts