SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks after paying to have my bent rim repaired because of a pothole on Forbes Ave, I saw a news report about squandering of taxpayer money to fix damage to peoples cars caused by poor road conditions.

Apparently the city shells out over $20000 a year to fix bent rims, popped tires, and suspension damage that was caused by the roads here.

Its too late for me, but if you bend a rim in Pittsburgh, make sure you get your tax dollars worth!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Pittsburgh R owners. (Spizzy)

Lets go Pens!

I bent two rims on the same hole at once last year. Didn't have the R at the time (not that it matters).

I've heard it's a serious uphill battle, but never tried to get paid either so I don't really know. If it's only $20,000 a year, they aren't buying too many factory rims. What does your average factory aluminum rim cost? Let's say $250 (conservatively). That's only 80 rims a year. Even if you left out a 0 I bet there's a LOT that don't get paid.

Pittsburgh roads SUCK!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Re: Pittsburgh R owners. (jackb1)

Quote, originally posted by jackb1 »

Pittsburgh roads SUCK!

Uhh - how about Pennsylvania roads suck!

Thanks to Penndot for the unmarked curb on Rte. 22 near Greensburg that destroyed my left front Peg back in January.
http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.