SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if these are considered All-Season tires or Summer Tires?

These came as OEM on my 2018 S90 T8. I’m not impressed by these tires. As I’ve seen in these forums people gave been buying Michelins or Continentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can someone tell me if these are considered All-Season tires or Summer Tires?

These came as OEM on my 2018 S90 T8. I’m not impressed by these tires. As I’ve seen in these forums people gave been buying Michelins or Continentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got a definitive answer to this question when I looked. Even dealer waffled on this. First off they said yes, then they weren't sure, then they said no.

The Pirelli site shows the P-Zero's only as Summer's, but I just got a pair of 20" Centurato's that the Pirelli site says only go as big as 19".

I wouldn't believe a random site that shows them as All Season as sites can often be wrong - but would be great if someone could confirm if they actually have them.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Their classification means very little to me - they're wretched tires. Assuming road-only use (mentioning for the few folks with CC's who may take it off-road), there are a plethora of better options for three-season use, and of course, the same holds true for winter, But, that is always the case when comparing an all-season / summer tire to a dedicated winter tire.
The CC would be spec'd with the Scorpion Zero A/S, not the PZero. The ScorpZero's on our CC have been fine after a year of use, including some snow, but not any experience on ice. We're not considering serious or near serious off-roading with this type car; it does fine on unpaved roads.

There is a PZero summer tire and a PZero A/S Plus tire. I've read good reviews about the PZero A/S Plus, but recognize, it's still an Ultra High Performance tire, so not expected to do wonders in winter conditions. In cold temps it will remain pliable unlike common summer tires, and with the added small sipes in the tread, it should be less than dangerous on ice. It should still feel and grip better than most other A/S tires in dry conditions.

With that, I have been very pleased with the all around excellent performance of this set of 20" OEM P7 Cinturato's on my '18 V90 RD.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMO Pete, I’m glad you like your Pzero’s. I personally think on my S90 T8 these tires could be quieter and ride better. Thinking highly about replacing them soon with Continentals or Michelin’s.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
BMO Pete, I’m glad you like your Pzero’s. I personally think on my S90 T8 these tires could be quieter and ride better. Thinking highly about replacing them soon with Continentals or Michelin’s.
Hi, didn't say I have PZero's, only that I've read good things about the "All Season Plus" version, which is probably entirely different than the summer tire. I currently have Scorpion Zero A/S on the CC and P7 Cinturato's on the RD, which have both performed very well. Do you have the all season or the summer Pzero on your T8?

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ are excellent but expensive tires. The Conti ExtremeContact DWS06 A/S are excellent near 4 season tires, though I've read some complaints about fast wear (getting noisy as they wear) and flat spotting if the car sits for an extended period of time. My first choice would be the Michelins.

For a quality low price option, I've been very happy with the Nankang NS25's I have mounted on my AMG. I wanted an odd size and staggered super low profile ultra high performance all season tire, so options were limited; the Nankangs have been a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I never got a definitive answer to this question when I looked. Even dealer waffled on this. First off they said yes, then they weren't sure, then they said no.

The Pirelli site shows the P-Zero's only as Summer's, but I just got a pair of 20" Centurato's that the Pirelli site says only go as big as 19".

I wouldn't believe a random site that shows them as All Season as sites can often be wrong - but would be great if someone could confirm if they actually have them.
My T6 R-Design OEM tires are 255/35VR-20 P7 Cinturato's.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season&partnum=535VR0CP7ASXLNCS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Volvo&autoYear=2018&autoModel=V90%20T6%20AWD&autoModClar=

1 - 7 of 7 Posts